NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

He listened to me when I said he needs to expand his game more. More 3s and more assists!!

Small sample size but 3-5 from 3 the past three games and 4.8 assist in the past four. 

I still think it gets forgotten by many that he’s only played 43 career games, a little over half of a regular season. He’s still has plenty of learning and developing to do, which is scary considering how good he’s been so far.

Zion is already a top 10 scorer. His combination of power and quickness is only rivaled by Shaq! Can't guard that. His passing looks like it will continue to organically improve as he continues adjusting and gets more touches. I don't even think he needs the 3 but it certainly helps.

Needs to work on his defense big time. Probably not far off from being average, but nowhere near the top tier defender he was projected to be coming into the league. We'll see fairly soon (2021-22) if it's just a matter of experience and learning when to do what, or if his skillset just doesn't translate to defensive end the way we expected. 

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Zion is already a top 10 scorer. His combination of power and quickness is only rivaled by Shaq! Can't guard that. His passing looks like it will continue to organically improve as he continues adjusting and gets more touches. I don't even think he needs the 3 but it certainly helps.

Needs to work on his defense big time. Probably not far off from being average, but nowhere near the top tier defender he was projected to be coming into the league. We'll see fairly soon (2021-22) if it's just a matter of experience and learning when to do what, or if his skillset just doesn't translate to defensive end the way we expected. 

The thing about Zion is that everyone gets caught up in the flashy dunks and explosive plays and thinks that's his whole game. Watching him at Duke the thing that always impressed me the most about him was his skill level and feel for the game. He's an excellent creator, has a super soft touch around the rim, unreal quickness, and always just seems to be in the right place at the right time. 

Defensively I don't know if he'll ever be the best on ball defender. Because I think with his body type/gas tank he'll always probably coast a little to conserve energy. At Duke he was at his best defensively when he was able to play off ball and provide weak side help. 

17 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Zion is unstoppable, man has the best touch at the rim of any big man ever, one of the top all time regardless of position tbh

This. Everyone sees the dunks and thinks that's his whole game. Watching him at Duke I was always amazed at his ability to convert at the rim and soft touch. Like he has this rare ability to explode 100 MPH off the floor towards the basket while maintaining body control to a degree that he can lay the ball off the glass or into the basket like he's laying a new born baby into bed. 

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how the Pelicans build their team. But the key to winning a championship in the NBA is having superstar talent and they have two young guys in Ingram/Zion that have that type of upside. I'll never forget getting roasted for saying Ingram would be better than Simmons, good times.