NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

Just read about the Mavs scrapping the national anthem and I think the Mavericks have become my second favorite team!!!!! This has been needed to happen years ago. The worst is when they play them right before the main event of a boxing card and end up playing like three national anthems. No need for that! 

16 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

nash really pulled starters down 12 with 2 mins left

I have no idea what Nash is doing as a coach. He pulled the only legitimate big they had in DeAndre for the entire 4th quarter and got absolutely destroyed on the glass and at the rim. Love him as a player, but his coaching decisions have been suspect at best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not saying Mitchell is MVP over LeBron/Embiid/etc, just asking where he is on the list? The Jazz have the best record in the league and are straight steamrolling opponents. That always matters in the MVP voting. He started out terribly but has been shooting the crap out of the ball ever since. 

I personally have Mitchell at #6, with Embiid, LeBron, Jokic, Curry and Giannis over him. His performance last night was incredible, especially how we closed out in the 4th with the back-to-back ISO 3s, and those types of performances on a national stage tend to get you recognized. Long way to go, but if he and the Jazz keep this up, I think he could work his way into the top 3 by year end.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just read about the Mavs scrapping the national anthem and I think the Mavericks have become my second favorite team!!!!! This has been needed to happen years ago. The worst is when they play them right before the main event of a boxing card and end up playing like three national anthems. No need for that! 

I also thought this was a good idea...but oh well. NBA just announced every team is required to play it.

30 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I personally have Mitchell at #6, with Embiid, LeBron, Jokic, Curry and Giannis over him. His performance last night was incredible, especially how we closed out in the 4th with the back-to-back ISO 3s, and those types of performances on a national stage tend to get you recognized. Long way to go, but if he and the Jazz keep this up, I think he could work his way into the top 3 by year end.

Yeah, that's fair. Doesn't seem like Steph will get the votes due to the Warriors barely being a .500 team. But that's with him playing every single game and carrying the team on a nightly basis. Jokic is going to lose votes as well with a mediocre record.

Right now it is a two horse race but once the Nuggets go on a run, Jokic will be right in the hunt.

I think Durant has just missed too many games. He will need to play almost all the games the rest of the way and the Nets will need to go a big run to close the season for him to have a chance. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

True or false, Steph Curry has been the most impressive player in the league thus far? 

@Troy Brown Should I start to worry and predict the Celtics to miss the playoffs or what? You guys are mediocre as it gets! Kemba Walker looking awfully washed up right now.Where is Mitchell on the MVP rankings? 

it was a rough roadtrip. that's a tough stretch of games... warriors, kings, clippers. suns, jazz. yeah, i ain't sure, kemba does look shot, they are gonna have to change his role and i think they are. tatum and brown handled the ball for the majority of the 4th. at least ainge nailed pritchard cause if the Cs gonna make a run, PP gonna have to give us some buckets. 

Been a Kemba supporter but the Cs need more from that PG spot. Brown and Tatum iso's can only keep you in so many games

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

it was a rough roadtrip. that's a tough stretch of games... warriors, kings, clippers. suns, jazz. yeah, i ain't sure, kemba does look shot, they are gonna have to change his role and i think they are. tatum and brown handled the ball for the majority of the 4th. at least ainge nailed pritchard cause if the Cs gonna make a run, PP gonna have to give us some buckets. 

Been a Kemba supporter but the Cs need more from that PG spot. Brown and Tatum iso's can only keep you in so many games

Didn't look great in the bubble either and he's starting to get injured now while being a smaller guard. 

Tatum/Brown as a duo can match up with pretty much anyone but the roster lacks after that. What were the Pacers wanting for Turner? He would have been a great fit but yeah honestly I just can't see the Celtics getting past the 2nd round, if that. Like what if you guys end up facing Brooklyn or Milwaukee round one? 

All good, the Warriors aren't doing anything this year either. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Didn't look great in the bubble either and he's starting to get injured now while being a smaller guard. 

Tatum/Brown as a duo can match up with pretty much anyone but the roster lacks after that. What were the Pacers wanting for Turner? He would have been a great fit but yeah honestly I just can't see the Celtics getting past the 2nd round, if that. Like what if you guys end up facing Brooklyn or Milwaukee round one? 

They wanted Hayward but Hayward didn't want Indiana lol

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Also, for the record, I think the east sucks. Still wide open for anyone

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Also, for the record, I think the east sucks. Still wide open for anyone

Meh, maybe in the regular season but in the playoffs there's going to be a lot of teams in the East that will be tough outs. 

I mean we all know Brooklyn is coming out anyways so there won't be too much suspense there.

The West though? Two or three teams race? 

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh, maybe in the regular season but in the playoffs there's going to be a lot of teams in the East that will be tough outs. 

I mean we all know Brooklyn is coming out anyways so there won't be too much suspense there.

The West though? Two or three teams race? 

if brooklyn beats the heat, celtics or bucks, i'll become a warriors fan