NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

My All-Star teams as of today...

Current format is 5 starters made up of 2 backcourt and 3 frontcourt, plus 7 reserves made up of 2 backcourt, 3 frontcourt, and 2 wildcards. 

East

Starters

• Bradley Beal
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo
  • Kevin Durant
  • Joel Embiid

Reserves

• Kyrie Irving
  • James Harden
  • Bam Adebayo
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Julius Randle
  • Khris Middleton
  • Nikola Vucevic

The East is a lot tougher than the West. I think the starting frontcourt is pretty easy to pick, but the backcourt is murky. I think you've gotta give Beal and his league leading scoring 1 spot, I give Brown the 2nd for his very efficient scoring and 2 way ability. 

Giving the Nets 3 guys seems weird given their mediocre-ness, but the reality is they have 3 stars and no bench so those 3 really are still playing at an all-star level, they just rarely align, and/or their depth kills them. 

Trae Young and Jerami Grant get nods but I think Randle, Middleton and Vucevic are more deserving at this juncture.

West

Starters

• Stephen Curry
  • Damian Lillard
  • Lebron James
  • Kawhi Leonard
  • Nikola Jokic

Reserves

• Luka Doncic
  • De'Aaron Fox
  • Anthony Davis
  • Paul George
  • Zion Williamson
  • Rudy Gobert
  • DeMarr DeRozan

4/5 Starters are clear, Dame vs Luka for that 2nd backcourt spot is the only debate. I think Dame is having the slightly better season and the Mavs are a few games out of .500, so I give the edge to Dame.

Guard is actually a bit thin. Booker and Mitchell are both having slowish starts, this would easily be Booker's year to finally get in after previous snubs but he is on pace for his worst season in years. If either pick it up, the definitely could take Fox or DeRozan's spot. CP3 and Conley both deserve HMs but I don't quite think they're deserving this year over anyone currently in. McCollum was having an all-star year easily but he's not going to have played enough games to be worthy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

My All-Star teams as of today...

Current format is 5 starters made up of 2 backcourt and 3 frontcourt, plus 7 reserves made up of 2 backcourt, 3 frontcourt, and 2 wildcards. 

East

Starters

• Bradley Beal
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo
  • Kevin Durant
  • Joel Embiid

Reserves

• Kyrie Irving
  • James Harden
  • Bam Adebayo
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Julius Randle
  • Khris Middleton
  • Nikola Vucevic

The East is a lot tougher than the West. I think the starting frontcourt is pretty easy to pick, but the backcourt is murky. I think you've gotta give Beal and his league leading scoring 1 spot, I give Brown the 2nd for his very efficient scoring and 2 way ability. 

Giving the Nets 3 guys seems weird given their mediocre-ness, but the reality is they have 3 stars and no bench so those 3 really are still playing at an all-star level, they just rarely align, and/or their depth kills them. 

Trae Young and Jerami Grant get nods but I think Randle, Middleton and Vucevic are more deserving at this juncture.

West

Starters

• Stephen Curry
  • Damian Lillard
  • Lebron James
  • Kawhi Leonard
  • Nikola Jokic

Reserves

• Luka Doncic
  • De'Aaron Fox
  • Anthony Davis
  • Paul George
  • Zion Williamson
  • Rudy Gobert
  • DeMarr DeRozan

4/5 Starters are clear, Dame vs Luka for that 2nd backcourt spot is the only debate. I think Dame is having the slightly better season and the Mavs are a few games out of .500, so I give the edge to Dame.

Guard is actually a bit thin. Booker and Mitchell are both having slowish starts, this would easily be Booker's year to finally get in after previous snubs but he is on pace for his worst season in years. If either pick it up, the definitely could take Fox or DeRozan's spot. CP3 and Conley both deserve HMs but I don't quite think they're deserving this year over anyone currently in. McCollum was having an all-star year easily but he's not going to have played enough games to be worthy.

No chance Mitchell doesn't get in.

Booker will get in himself.

I see it as:

Guards - Curry, Lillard, Luka, Booker, Mitchell

Frontcourt - PG, Kawhi, LBJ, AD, Gobert, Jokic

Then the last one will come down to CP3, Zion or Fox.