NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You didn't even watch the game and your commenting on his play, lol. 

I watched him with the Pelicans last year and saw all the bad or unimpressive plays in the video you posted. I checked the box score and play by play to see what kind of shots he went 5-5 on and praised him for the amount of rebounds and steals he got in limited mins.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He looked good to me, did an excellent job of anchoring the defense when Rudy was off the floor. He'll be in a much smaller role with us than he was with you guys though and I think that'll help him a lot. Admittedly he has lost a step though, crazy that he's only 29 but is a 10 year vet. 

So you basically agree with me? lol smh....

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He definitely isn't explosive as he once was but he's not washed by any means, he's probably one of the better reserve big men in the league. 

Being somewhat washed doesn’t mean he sucks. He just isn’t the same player he used to be and the fact he should be in a bench role now kind of proves my point. Hopefully he doesn’t have to deal with some of the injuries he did in NO and is in a better head space after his moms passing. He’s a solid addition, but my point remains.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

He just needs about 7 more lbs of muscle to handle bumping on his drives and to maintain league average 3P shooting on a little more volume and he'll be an absolute elite offensive PG. 

He's going to be an All-NBA level player sooner rather than later. You guys just need to tank this year for Cade Cunningham and you might have a potential contender. How has JJJ looked? 

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Being somewhat washed doesn’t mean he sucks. He just isn’t the same player he used to be and the fact he should be in a bench role now kind of proves my point. Hopefully he doesn’t have to deal with some of the injuries he did in NO and is in a better head space after his moms passing. He’s a solid addition, but my point remains.

I'm happy to have him back and love our team this year. Being able to bring Favors, Clarkson, and Ingles off the bench gives us a ton of flexibility. Those 3 combined for 39 points, 19 rebounds, and 11 assists off the bench for us last night. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The hate or the realistic view on him? Everyone at ESPN has been nut hugging this kid like he's the next NBA superstar when he's literally just a worse version of Lonzo. 

Nah it’s hate and it’s rampant through the NBA fan base at large. He definitely has a cocky side he isn’t reserved like Lonzo, but most of the hate comes from his dad. Let the kid grow into whatever he becomes. Lonzo may end up getting the max next year after people were calling him a bust early on in his Lakers career. Ingram was thought of as a disappointment cause of the KD comparisons early on in his Lakers career too. People aren’t patient. Now, Ingram is living up to all that potential. LaMelo was always gonna need to add strength, improve his shot and defense. He had no structure from youth basketball till the NBL where he didn’t even play that long. Let the kid add some muscle and get some coaching on his defense and shot. Let’s not act like Kobe was the amazing player we remember him as back when he was a rookie in 96. Not even close. He was a skinny 18 year old that came off the bench and needed to take to coaching and improve his game. You do remember him as a rookie against your Jazz in the playoffs? lol....

LaMelo literally had no Summer League and basically a super short training camp and hardly any preseason games. Like what are we doing here? Missing all that was more important to him and some other lottery picks like say Killian Hayes than it is for guys like Obi Toppin.

Melo’s handles are nice and he is a savant as a passer. Maybe his shot never works out and he never takes to coaching and just jacks up bad shots and he ends up being a bust. But, a lot of people are piling on the kid incessantly bc he’s been in the public spotlight since he was like 13 years old and his dad is a polarizing figure that annoys a lot of people with his antics. I just don’t think it’s fair to the kid.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He just needs about 7 more lbs of muscle to handle bumping on his drives and to maintain league average 3P shooting on a little more volume and he'll be an absolute elite offensive PG. 

He scares me with how he flies around and is reckless jumping around everywhere lol. I feel like he’s gonna injure himself. But, yeah he’s gonna be a star.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm happy to have him back and love our team this year. Being able to bring Favors, Clarkson, and Ingles off the bench gives us a ton of flexibility. Those 3 combined for 39 points, 19 rebounds, and 11 assists off the bench for us last night. 

That’s all that matters ultimately and yeah your bench was kinda weak before you brought in Clarkson. It’s in better shape now for sure.