NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@MookieMonstah Derrick Favors sure didn't look washed last night. For those that missed it. 

Ummm I saw absolutely nothing impressive from Favors in that entire video. I saw him get scored on down low twice by Kanter and once by Melo. He got 2 gifted lay ups from his teammates like???

I checked the box score and we went 5-5 from the field but they were all lay ups. Cool I guess? Looks like he rebounded well in his 16 mins and got 3 steals which is impressive for him.

Also, we know Favors is a better fit in Utah as he won’t play as many minutes at the 5 and they don’t need him to do that much. Should be less wear and tear than last year in New Orleans, but c’mon now...  this is game 1. He got 4 full months off from the last bubble game to preseason.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ummm I saw absolutely nothing impressive from Favors in that entire video. I saw him get scored on down low twice by Kanter and once by Melo. He got 2 gifted lay ups from his teammates like???

I checked the box score and we went 5-5 from the field but they were all lay ups. Cool I guess? Looks like he rebounded well in his 16 mins and got 3 steals which is impressive for him.

Also, we know Favors is a better fit in Utah as he won’t play as many minutes at the 5 and they don’t need him to do that much. Should be less wear and tear than last year in New Orleans, but c’mon now...  this is game 1. He got 4 full months off from the last bubble game to preseason.

As I said we'd just need him in a reserve role, he finished well, rebounded well, but most importantly he defended well and anchored our defense when Rudy was off the floor. We looked damn good last night on both ends of the floor. Not sure why you have such a superiority complex, I was just stating that Favors didn't look washed up last night as some have said he was, obviously it's just one game. But we definitely looked very competitive against another playoff level team. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We need an RJ Barrett/Cade Cunningham duo @YogiBiz

I told my friend who is a “former Knicks fan” that they need to not add guys that will get them wins, but move the team forward to a brighter future. He wanted them to trade for Westbrook like... c’mon lol. I told him the Knicks need to stay bad while doing their best to develop the young guys, so they can land a guy like Cade Cunningham or Emoni Bates in the distant future. My reasoning was no star FA wants to come to the Knicks cause their perception is so bad from Dolan being an awful/toxic owner and a history of incompetence from the front office and ever changing head coaches. Just to name a few lol.

Apparently I’m what’s wrong with the NBA though. I’m part of the tanking issue in pro sports 😂🤦🏻‍♂️. Mind you he said if he had his way the leagues would have a lottery for all the teams except the ones that made the conference championships and the teams with the worst records would have the worst odds and the best teams would have the best odds. Apparently that would be better for the league, because it would make fans never root for their team to lose like yeah that won’t hurt the competitive balance and mind you he wants this in the NFL too. 🙄

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I told my friend who is a “former Knicks fan” that they need to not add guys that will get them wins, but move the team forward to a brighter future. He wanted them to trade for Westbrook like... c’mon lol. I told him the Knicks need to stay bad while doing their best to develop the young guys, so they can land a guy like Cade Cunningham or Emoni Bates in the distant future. My reasoning was no star FA wants to come to the Knicks cause their perception is so bad from Dolan being an awful/toxic owner and a history of incompetence from the front office and ever changing head coaches. Just to name a few lol.

In the NBA you either want to be a contender or bad enough that you can acquire a potential superstar in the draft, being in the middle is the absolute worst spot you can be in. The Knicks front office is without a doubt one of, if not the, worst in all of professional sports. But all of their weird free agent signings and that Obi Toppin pick may actually pay dividends since they'll probably tank this year and have a chance to draft a franchise player. Obviously it's just one game but Barrett played well last night, shot the 3 well, finished with his right hand, rebounded, and shared the ball. Excited to see if Thibs can help develop him into an All-Star like he did with Jimmy Butler in Chicago. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@MookieMonstah Derrick Favors sure didn't look washed last night. For those that missed it. 

One game against a team with bad big men, he put up a nice stat line but again... he looks like a slug

Also... every time I saw Favors in that video he was getting scored on lol

Edited by MookieMonstah

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

As I said we'd just need him in a reserve role, he finished well, rebounded well, but most importantly he defended well and anchored our defense when Rudy was off the floor. We looked damn good last night on both ends of the floor. Not sure why you have such a superiority complex, I was just stating that Favors didn't look washed up last night as some have said he was, obviously it's just one game. But we definitely looked very competitive against another playoff level team. 

Where are you getting superiority complex from?

Just cause you don’t like my analysis doesn’t mean I have a superiority complex here lol.

I’m just adding context to a video that showed nothing. It’s easy to finish well when you’re taking easy lay ups. I’m not hating on Favors or the Jazz. I’ve been probably the only one to harp on you guys being underrated that isn’t a Jazz fan. I think he’ll fit the bench role well just fine and he was a good culture fit having already been with the Jazz. I just don’t think we can’t say he’s not kinda washed now, because of that performance like he didn’t do anything that impressive and it’s game 1 like I said. If it’s the playoffs and he’s making a significant impact off the bench I’ll eat my words.

He is a pretty floor bound player that doesn’t stretch the floor and isn’t that good in other areas. His quickness is definitely declining. To be fair to him though his mom did pass away last season and he was dealing with injuries. I don’t think it’s a bad signing just think he’s a bit washed now.... not completely washed.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

One game against a team with bad big men, he put up a nice stat line but again... he looks like a slug 😂

He looked good to me, did an excellent job of anchoring the defense when Rudy was off the floor. He'll be in a much smaller role with us than he was with you guys though and I think that'll help him a lot. Admittedly he has lost a step though, crazy that he's only 29 but is a 10 year vet. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In the NBA you either want to be a contender or bad enough that you can acquire a potential superstar in the draft, being in the middle is the absolute worst spot you can be in. The Knicks front office is without a doubt one of, if not the, worst in all of professional sports. But all of their weird free agent signings and that Obi Toppin pick may actually pay dividends since they'll probably tank this year and have a chance to draft a franchise player. Obviously it's just one game but Barrett played well last night, shot the 3 well, finished with his right hand, rebounded, and shared the ball. Excited to see if Thibs can help develop him into an All-Star like he did with Jimmy Butler in Chicago. 

The RJ and Obi picks are cool, but I don’t love either. If they get Cunningham I’ll be much more optimistic about their future.

Agreed on the rest though. NBA is a superstar driven league and Knicks will have to draft theirs rather than hoping one will come cause that ain’t happening.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

The RJ and Obi picks are cool, but I don’t love either. If they get Cunningham I’ll be much more optimistic about their future.

Agreed on the rest though. NBA is a superstar driven league and Knicks will have to draft theirs rather than hoping one will come cause that ain’t happening.

Obi is going to be a bust, RJ has a chance to be an All-Star level player if he puts it all together. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He looked good to me, did an excellent job of anchoring the defense when Rudy was off the floor. He'll be in a much smaller role with us than he was with you guys though and I think that'll help him a lot. Admittedly he has lost a step though, crazy that he's only 29 but is a 10 year vet. 

Every time I saw him in that video he was getting scored on haha