NBA GDT | '20-'21 | KD returns to GS tonight!

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

Unrelated but my favorite nugget from that deal is the Grizz knew Marc would be special.  Such a crummy deal considering Paul’s value at the time.

Honestly I'm sure the Lakers did too, but they sacrificed the future for winning now with Kobe and I can't blame them at all.

Until Jokic came along I have to think Gasol getting drafted by LA was the best 2nd round big man pick ever.

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Well thanks I guess lol

That's actually a big compliment from me lol.

Anyways, I actually like the Celtics young players and have said it before, but I'm never gonna not hate the Celtics just like the Cowboys. Those rivalries are great.

I actually have a pretty strong connection with Massachusetts though.

My mom actually was born in Lowell and grew up in Worcester. My aunt lived in Shrewsbury and raised my cousins there and I enjoyed going back there to visit like every spring break as a kid. I loved going to Kimball's in Westford. My grandma lived on Cape Cod for a long time and going there was always fun. Actually buried her ashes at sea for her funeral on a huge boat we rented for the whole family.

A lot of my best childhood memories are there. Actually wished I could've gone back there more, but that flight is expensive.

I'm still salty my sister corrupted my nephew and made him a Pats and Celtics fans since he spent most of his childhood in California after they moved back from MA after he was born. Actually just sent him a Tatum jersey for Christmas, so I'm not that bad once you get past my homerism (most of its accurate though).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Honestly I'm sure the Lakers did too, but they sacrificed the future for winning now with Kobe and I can't blame them at all.

Until Jokic came along I have to think Gasol getting drafted by LA was the best 2nd round big man pick ever.

Crazy thing is Bynum took a leap his third year.  Everyone knew he was a problem and it was still a big man’s league yet Memphis didn’t get him.  They were left without a big man and drafted Thabeet a few months later.  

The worst part is spooked Kerr into trading for Shaq and the rest is history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDez said:
2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Crazy thing is Bynum took a leap his third year.  Everyone knew he was a problem and it was still a big man’s league yet Memphis didn’t get him.  They were left without a big man and drafted Thabeet a few months later.  

The worst part is spooked Kerr into trading for Shaq and the rest is history.

lmao I didn't even know he was the Suns GM..... I've never heard it talked about today. Probably a chapter he would like to forget cause he ruined what they built.

Found this on The Ringer from a pod he did with Bill Simmons.

Kerr: In retrospect, it was a bad move.

Simmons: Oh, I’m surprised! I would have thought you would have defended it.

Kerr: No, no. I’m not here to save my reputation. We went for it. We swung for the fences, but we disrupted what we had built. We made it for the wrong reasons.

Simmons: A little bit of it was financial, right?

Kerr: No, no. It was not financial, because we picked up Shaq’s deal, which was enormous. He had the same number of years as [Shawn] Marion. So it was not a financial deal, it was a swing-for-the-fences deal. I was a young GM. It’s the kind of move that, yeah, you go for it, but you’re compromising the long-term health of the franchise. That was a mistake. The reasons for making it were not sound. We knew we weren’t good enough to win the whole thing. We’d been in it for several years. Kept losing to the Spurs. But it was a rushed, sort of home run swing that we struck out with. We went for it, which is admirable, but I just think we compromised our identity.

Simmons: So you learned a lesson from that one?

Kerr: Yeah, I did.

lol.... amazing

Thanks for that tidbit of NBA history I wasn't privy too.

At least you guys are in much better hands now with James Jones.

5 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I don't know why we got Galloway at the minimum. Dude is a sniper and was good last year. 

You mean.... how and not why, right? lol

Also, you remember what I said during our first preseason game?

On 12/16/2020 at 5:17 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Looks like Langston Galloway's career high shooting is carrying over early with you guys. Could be a nice steal of a depth signing.

I'm good. B|