2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

23 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

LOL. Stop.

Well, that's the sticking point. Should moved on from TWill last year. Dez for whatever reason is completely off. So, yeah I think there is a significant need there. Dallas won't walk away from either this year most likely. Definitely not Dez...but next year?

I would love to move on from both, however I dont think we will move on from either which means if we draft a receiver they wont get playing time. Not going to get reps over Dez, TWill, or Beasley. Witten wont come off the field. 

I am a bit disappointed that Switzer didnt get more playing time with Zeke out. I think he is the type of Dak friendly receivers we need. 

We need more speed to open up the middle of the field but sadly I feel we are going to have the same receivers and same scheme.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Well, I believe Dez is more than capable of turning it around. I'm also 100% confident if team moved on he would put up 1200/10-12 TDs. 

It's a coaching thing. Move Dez, watch him go back to old Dez. 

I think he can if we use him differently, change the scheme and get someone with more speed, then he may be more productive. 

If we continue the same scheme, same players and same play calling, what will make next year any different?

WH brought up a great point in the venting hot air thread. Last year's playoff game against GB, Dez looked like a top 5 WR in the league. Go re watch the game if that sounds funny, which it does to me. He was unstoppable. I don't think he went from being that Dez to a bum in 6 months.

RBs and QBs have sudden age related drop offs. WRs don't. Yes they may get a little slower but they don't get to old to catch. I guarantee Randy Moss, despite his age, still has better hands than TWill. Now he isn't capable of playing WR anymore, but he won't all of a sudden lose the ability to catch the ball because he turned 45. 

And for Dez, losing a bit of speed every year isn't as important as it was to Desean Jackson. He was never open anyway. Even when he was 23 he made his money catching Romo fades in the endzone. 

Dezs biggest problem is he gets to damn emotional. He spent the whole Seattle game crying about his targets, and he got so worked up that when he did get the ball he clearly wasn't focused. 

And for all the credit he gets for being passionate and a guy who loves the game and just wants to win.... it sure doesn't seem to matter what the score is. Winning or losing, if Dez isn't getting touches he is upset. That's not a team guy. 

But I still believe Dez has the ability to be the guy we saw at the beginning of 2017. How we get him back on track? Idk. Scott Linehan was pretty good when he had Stafford and Calvin Johnson. Maybe not in the W-L column but in the passing stats for sure. 

I never understood hiring a coach from the Lions anyway 

4 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Apparently Dez has been battling injuries this season. 

Was his tendinitis in his hands? Both of them?

Perhaps he has tendinitis in his left shoulder which prevents him from tucking the ball away when he runs with it.

I don't believe there is a single thing that would light a fire under Dez Bryant more than drafting a WR in the 1st round.

Not only do I think Dez would be more motivated, not only do I think it would benefit "passing guru" Scott Linehan, but I think the rookie WR, who is presumably uber talented, would give us more flexibility with Dez if he doesn't rebound.

Drafting another 1st round WR would probably help Dak too, and give is another decoy/weapon for the defense to account for outside Dez and Zeke. 

Nothing is more un-motivating for a guy like Dez then for us to bring back the exact same WRs with no competition for Dez. Idc about drafting Switzer or Noah. Neither a 5'8" white boy WR nor a 7th round project TE/WR tweener were brought in to CHALLENGE Dez.

I really think Dez needs some competition. For all his faults, I really think Roy Wi11iams trying to get Dez to carry his pads and all that at the beginning of his career was a huge source of competition for Dez. Back then, Dez wasn't going to drop anything. Still had fumbling issues but most of that came when fighting for yards way to hard when maybe he should have just gone down. Im rambling again, but bottom line is we need to bring in a WR who COULD challenge Dez. I believe we will see the best Dez if that happens.

51 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I don't believe there is a single thing that would light a fire under Dez Bryant more than drafting a WR in the 1st round.

Not only do I think Dez would be more motivated, not only do I think it would benefit "passing guru" Scott Linehan, but I think the rookie WR, who is presumably uber talented, would give us more flexibility with Dez if he doesn't rebound.

Drafting another 1st round WR would probably help Dak too, and give is another decoy/weapon for the defense to account for outside Dez and Zeke. 

Nothing is more un-motivating for a guy like Dez then for us to bring back the exact same WRs with no competition for Dez. Idc about drafting Switzer or Noah. Neither a 5'8" white boy WR nor a 7th round project TE/WR tweener were brought in to CHALLENGE Dez.

I really think Dez needs some competition. For all his faults, I really think Roy Wi11iams trying to get Dez to carry his pads and all that at the beginning of his career was a huge source of competition for Dez. Back then, Dez wasn't going to drop anything. Still had fumbling issues but most of that came when fighting for yards way to hard when maybe he should have just gone down. Im rambling again, but bottom line is we need to bring in a WR who COULD challenge Dez. I believe we will see the best Dez if that happens.

Courtland Sutton, Michael Gallup, Anthony Miller, Allen Lazard, Jaleel Scott....all on my wish list. 

I don't think a Baker Mayfield personality is a good thing for any professional team.  I was at Texas Tech during all that so I may be bias but he has done nothing off the field since, beside get drunk, get arrested, throw footballs at opposing players during warm ups, and grab is junk on television while cursing the other team from the sideline. I have my doubts that his Johnny football play style will even translate to the pro game, and I really don't care if it does. I don't like the guy. Like a few players before him, I don't think he should have won the Heisman because he's a horrible role model. It would be really hard to cheer for him. Harder than it was to cheer for T.O. and I never really came around to him.

BUT this is a really hillarious Baker Mayfield Highlight:

And according to this NFL scouting website he is only just above 6 foot.

Screen-Shot-2017-02-25-at-11.18.13-AM-61

So he would HAVE to be Drew Brees but that's the exception not the rule.

23 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I think Baker has a better chance then most QB's in this draft or past drafts to succeed. But replacing Dak with him? Hell no. He's gotta be the 2nd coming of Drew Brees for me to want that.

Pretty much. He just strikes me as a ticking timebomb because he’s so immature.

Archived