2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

12 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

See, I want to say I agree about WR - but the transition period is so challenging that I don't know if year 1 you see a major impact. Hell, Juju is just NOW coming alive. And Mike Williams and Corey Davis and John Ross did virtually nothing this year. 

I'd imagine DT would be the most ready impact. Or LG, frankly. Maybe TE, if they are an able blocker & can somehow supplant Witten.

But of all I expect are possible in round 1, I think LBer would get the most amount of snaps as the season goes on.

I'd be thrilled to land a guy like Ronnie Harrison...be a vast improvement over what we currently have a safety. That said I just don't think they value the position that highly...

18 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

I'd be thrilled to land a guy like Ronnie Harrison...be a vast improvement over what we currently have a safety. That said I just don't think they value the position that highly...

If they dropped back in the first, I wouldn't mind Harrison. I was talking with my roommate, who went to Bama, about Harrison. I think having an enforcer at every level of the defense would be nice. But he's not a liability in coverage, despite being a heavy hitter. Make teams scared to go across the middle of the field. I think Woods could play the FS role just fine. Move Byron back to CB.

6 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

If they dropped back in the first, I wouldn't mind Harrison. I was talking with my roommate, who went to Bama, about Harrison. I think having an enforcer at every level of the defense would be nice. But he's not a liability in coverage, despite being a heavy hitter. Make teams scared to go across the middle of the field. I think Woods could play the FS role just fine. Move Byron back to CB.

Why not at #19? I think he's worth it. 

57 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Why not at #19? I think he's worth it. 

Maybe, I'm just not sold on a SS unless he's an absolute game changer. Is he better than Landon Collins coming out of Alabama? I'm not really sure, haven't broken him down extensively yet. But to me, that's a guy that if you can drop back to 23 or so and pick up another 3rd? Yeah, I'd draft him for sure, use my other mid-round picks to jump back up into the 2nd.

48 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Maybe, I'm just not sold on a SS unless he's an absolute game changer. Is he better than Landon Collins coming out of Alabama? I'm not really sure, haven't broken him down extensively yet. But to me, that's a guy that if you can drop back to 23 or so and pick up another 3rd? Yeah, I'd draft him for sure, use my other mid-round picks to jump back up into the 2nd.

I'd kinda compare him to Chancellor. 

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK, this is redundant, But if a stud WR is there at 19, I still want WR. I feel top of the line Wide-out makes for as big, if not bigger impact than any position Dallas needs right now. And Ridley looked as good as advertised in a small sample size yesterday.

There aren’t any stud WRs in this draft. There are some decent guys, but no studs.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Name one guy who would be looked at like Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, or OBJ in this draft. There isn’t a single one. 

I think Courtland Sutton could be that type of player. 

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Name one guy who would be looked at like Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones, or OBJ in this draft. There isn’t a single one. 

Those guys aren't just Studs, but all-time greats. Moss CJ and JJ are arguable the GOATs of WR. with AJ and OBJ close to it. There are levels between that and Studs. A stud to me is a quality starter who may/should be near a Pro-bowl level player. (kind of where Dez used to be :|)

Archived