2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

definitely disagree with this.

I think Cal's point is that a deep threat receiver isn't going to be utilized properly in this offense because of the scheme Linehan uses. Look at the guys we've drafted/brought in over the last few years. None of them ran anything faster than 4.5 40. 

9 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

I think Cal's point is that a deep threat receiver isn't going to be utilized properly in this offense because of the scheme Linehan uses. Look at the guys we've drafted/brought in over the last few years. None of them ran anything faster than 4.5 40. 

Brice Butler ran a 4.37 at his pro day.

19 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

If we were talking about Christian Kirk, than yes that would be a luxury pick. But Calvin Ridley is more than just a deep threat like Kirk is. He has the potential to be an elite #1 WR. You would think after the year we had (where none of our WR's could separate 1 on 1) fans wouldn't call this a luxury pick. Dez looks like a shell of himself but there's no one else on our roster who can replace him currently. It would be great to have a young, explosive, sure handed WR who can run the route tree effectively. Dak needs some WRs he can build chemistry with.

If Christian Kirk even a deep threat? He's averaged 12 YPC for his career. 

I know the trend doesn’t bring many speedy receivers to Dallas but we need some play making ability outside of Zeke. We don’t need to stretch the field and become a deep threat team just someone to make plays and someone we can rely on to not disappear in games.

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Roquan at 19 is a heartbreaking pipe dream. :(

Deep draft for LBs. There's always studs left in the 3rd -6th round in these early simulations.

Sean Lee, and Jaylon Smith, backed up and rotated with Kendall Flowers or Rashaan Evans. Doesn't sound so bad. There's Jefferson and Skai Moore and Jewell etc. Could be like CB last year. Pass on LB in round 1 and still get someone with more upside than Hitchens.

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Deep draft for LBs. There's always studs left in the 3rd -6th round in these early simulations.

Sean Lee, and Jaylon Smith, backed up and rotated with Kendall Flowers or Rashaan Evans. Doesn't sound so bad. There's Jefferson and Skai Moore and Jewell etc. Could be like CB last year. Pass on LB in round 1 and still get someone with more upside than Hitchens.

I look for Evans to go in the late 1st/early 2nd. Just me.

Archived