Week 15: NYJ vs LA Rams

Bobby816

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This one is gonna get bad.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Darnold gets benched in this one. Not bc we’re moving on from him. Just that he will look so bad against the LA defense... he will only hurt his trade value even more.

Sad to say His trade value is long gone, we will be lucky to get a third round, pick for him. He will go on a long list of high first round picks that were traded for a third round picks, that is the main reason why we are the worst team in the NFL, For what we paid to get him ( THREE SECOND ROUND PICKS ) he will go down as the worst Jet draft pick in history. Yes Blair Thomas, Lam Jones, Coples, and Vern Gholston, were all horrible first round pick BUT WE DID NOT GIVE UP THREE SECOND ROUNDS PICKS TO GET THESE GUYS.

Edited by doumeyer

i honestly think NFL people still have value in darnold.  still seeing "reports" that he can fetch a 2. i think everyone thinks he has the talent and they realize he was saddled with an absolutely terrible HC.

i hope that if darnold gets benched this game that they go with Morgan the last 2 weeks.  what's the harm?  gotta see if he's at least competent against NFL teams.

2 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

i honestly think NFL people still have value in darnold.  still seeing "reports" that he can fetch a 2. i think everyone thinks he has the talent and they realize he was saddled with an absolutely terrible HC.

i hope that if darnold gets benched this game that they go with Morgan the last 2 weeks.  what's the harm?  gotta see if he's at least competent against NFL teams.

I do too. But he isn’t helping himself at all. And going against the best defense this week, will really expose him. I think he has zero confidence and when that happens a player isn’t their self. This LA defense I think will rattle him bad today. And he might play so bad, to where we bench him today. I’d still think he’d start the rest of the way. But I could see Darnold just being so bad w ever him out of there today. 

7 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Yes the head coach was terrible but he was hurt more by that moron MACC our so called GM. who also go down as the worst GM  in Jet history

If we bench the kid today please let that be the end of it. He cant read and react at an NFL level. He is a good athlete that could throw a good ball every now and then but people just seem to think a new HC will fix everything...these people are in for a rude awakening wherever he ends up. 

7 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I just can't believe that Gase has survived this train wreck of a season...people were calling for his head in like week 2... He destroyed this team.

I said  when people were calling for his head early in the season that the trust fun kids were not going to fire him till the end of the season. But you are right Gase, is no offensive genius or great with young QB's ,he was bad in Miami and worst with Jets. I just think the trust fun kids did not want to admit they were wrong about Gase.

1 minute ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I’ll say it now, if by some miracle win a game and lose out on Lawrence, don’t be surprised if our new coach doesn’t roll with Darnold over drafting Fields or Wilson. Depending on the hire, fixing Sam and trading the #2 pick could seriously be the direction we go. 

Going to be hard to fix his brain. 

Just now, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I’ll say it now, if by some miracle win a game and lose out on Lawrence, don’t be surprised if our new coach doesn’t roll with Darnold over drafting Fields or Wilson. Depending on the hire, fixing Sam and trading the #2 pick could seriously be the direction we go. 

That's the direction I would prefer. Trade out, get a bunch of picks and still be able to land a guy like Ja mar Chase at wr or the te pitts or Sewell at tackle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I don't know about that, but we sure could have used another Johnny Hector this year. he was a very productive player for us.