What happens if the Steelers go 11-6?

patriotsheatyan

Okay, it took me a second to navigate what you were asking here, but I assume you're asking if they lose out and go one and done, is the Steelers' staff safe, in a job security sense?

Knowing how Pittsburgh has historically operated, they're basically the anti-Cleveland, in that they virtually never make changes at the top. I don't think there's any chance, between that and their overall recent success, that Pittsburgh would move on from either Tomlin or Colbert. I don't even think it would be considered. If you move on from anyone, I think the highest you go would be Randy Fichtner, who has been criticized off and on throughout the year, but even moreso as they've started losing. 

Ben is the complicated one. It's hard to cut a QB like that. It just is. And if Ben doesn't want to retire, that would be their option. I think it winds up being Ben's choice, with them, at most, nudging him in a certain direction. But if Ben wants to stay, and they have the balls to cut him, I'll be impressed.

Though I suppose the dilemma there, is who do they even have to replace him anyway? Less than prime draft position. They've already seen more of Rudolph than I imagine they ever want to again. I suppose one poster around here would suggest Dobbs, but...let's be real.

If they go 11-6 it will validate a lot of what was said about them during that 11-0 streak

Staff-wise, no way does Tomlin get canned. Ben may change his tune and retire, but that’s about all that will change. Pittsburgh values consistency above all else and usually that’s a good thing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the NFL. Doting him would be incredibly foolish. 

You've got to win one of these last 2, then.

Can't be throwing that out willy-nilly about a guy who loses 5 straight in an utter collapse to cap the year and go from 11-0 1 seed chasing to 11-5 and wildcard team. Especially with these outright terrible performances against some pretty mediocre and downright bad teams. I'd get it if they were looking good and still losing (like the Browns last Monday night) but they've looked bad. They didn't even look that good when they were 11-0...that's why the whole "worst undefeated team ever" and "cupcake walk to 11-0" jokes were making their rounds on social media. 

If Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the NFL he takes ahold of this ship and stops it from completely sinking like it has been. Straight up.

Edited by Ray Reed

Steelers are going to have an interesting offseason no matter what happens the rest of the way

Their cap situation is actually pretty dire

It could definitely be bad things for the Steelers, and I think if they lose the final 5 games plus the first playoff game then its a major blowup to the roster