? Week Six: Bucs (2-2) @ Cardinals (2-3)

bucsfan333

It was thoroughly depressing watching the first half performance as it was like the bad old days with Lovie Smith at the helm. It's old football dogs set in their ways and unwilling to learn any new tricks even if they go hungry.

I feel sorry for Jameis, I really do. I don't know how good a QB he is or what he can be but I feel like Koetter is trying to bash him into a role he's not suited for and he looks stunned out there.

There's no innovation on either side of the ball and it's no fun to watch. There's no experts waxing lyrical about great play designs, offensively or defensively. No players getting better because they have to fit a scheme that isn't effective.

I might find something else to do next Sunday... 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

A lot of things I noticed was the ball was out quicker with fitz than you normally see with Winston. 

Could be by design. A lot of Fitz's throws were short passes. But when he went deep he was money, for the most part.

45 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

33 points in a half with Fitzmagic at the helm. Is there any need to rush Winston back?

I can't believe I'm even asking that question.

i honestly think he was benched

i mean , that injury did not look like something worth keeping him out of the game, i think the injury was just thrown out there to make it seem as though we werent benching him, hell he even was seen throwing on the sideline for a bit in the end of the 3rd

33 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Could be by design. A lot of Fitz's throws were short passes. But when he went deep he was money, for the most part.

thats true, but thats just their different play styles, i dont think Winston is suited to getting the ball out quick, he needs time because his accuracy is awful and he needs to follow through to make it a decent throw, or else hes just over throwing everyone

30 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i honestly think he was benched

i mean , that injury did not look like something worth keeping him out of the game, i think the injury was just thrown out there to make it seem as though we werent benching him, hell he even was seen throwing on the sideline for a bit in the end of the 3rd

thats true, but thats just their different play styles, i dont think Winston is suited to getting the ball out quick, he needs time because his accuracy is awful and he needs to follow through to make it a decent throw, or else hes just over throwing everyone

If he needs more time then why'd anyone want him as a qb? The league is quick twitch and who are accurate. He's not unless he has time to throw? This is the NFL. You can't expect 5 seconds in the pocket to get a ball off. 

I saw Winston will be fine, right?

I was bummed out when I saw he left the game yesterday. I’m not a Winston fan by any means but he’s so exciting and young it’s tough to see guys like that go down. Glad it’s nothing major.

See you guys in a couple weeks. Better be healthy, we don’t want any excuses. B|

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

It has begun.

Had a crucial pass break up that caused a punt. That kid will be a stud for us in a matter of time. Even though he lost track of the receiver and ball earlier in the game, I seen enough from him to think he can man the FS spot for years to come.

4 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

A lot of things I noticed was the ball was out quicker with fitz than you normally see with Winston. 

Yeah and it got picked off twice. Fitz INT inside our own territory was the game ender on a "quick throw".

Winston will be fine. He is a young third year QB that will struggle with consistency. Bucs fans aren't use to talented QB's or watching one, so when #3 isn't having a good game every week he's a terrible pick. I've seen Luck and Newton all struggle with consistency too, its normal for young players to not play up to their potential every week. What Derek Carr did last year in year 3 was not normal.

34 minutes ago, indifference said:

Yeah and it got picked off twice. Fitz INT inside our own territory was the game ender on a "quick throw".

Winston will be fine. He is a young third year QB that will struggle with consistency. Bucs fans aren't use to talented QB's or watching one, so when #3 isn't having a good game every week he's a terrible pick. I've seen Luck and Newton all struggle with consistency too, its normal for young players to not play up to their potential every week. What Derek Carr did last year in year 3 was not normal.

And that throw was sooooo late.

I'm not worried about Jameis yet. He's been improving enough since day one that I think he'll be alright.

• Speaking of Dotson, he logged 49 total pass blocking reps, and allowed one QB hurry on the afternoon. With the recent struggles of Rams T Andrew Whitworth, Dotson now finds himself atop the list of pass blockers at the tackle position. Of all tackles with at least 80 snaps in pass protection, Dotson fields the league’s highest pass block efficiency at 98.9, having allowed just three hurries on 210 total pass block snaps.

Insane.

What cracks me up is we talk about Winston not seeing the whole field but do not point out that the plays have a designated progression.  Also the fact that I think it's almost impossible to see an entire field at one time.  This is not to say that Winston can't scan the field, however, do you know what progression Koetter has coached Winston into going through? Kind of hard to see a guy that became open when he was your first read on one side of the field when you have to scan the field and may be onto the third or even fifth read on the opposite side before having to make a decision because a DE's in his face.  Winston is not the only QB that missing seeing wide open WR's.  I will agree that it was nice to see a pretty consistent deep ball but wouldn't that make you think that's why we brought in FItz?

28 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:
  • Speaking of Dotson, he logged 49 total pass blocking reps, and allowed one QB hurry on the afternoon. With the recent struggles of Rams T Andrew Whitworth, Dotson now finds himself atop the list of pass blockers at the tackle position. Of all tackles with at least 80 snaps in pass protection, Dotson fields the league’s highest pass block efficiency at 98.9, having allowed just three hurries on 210 total pass block snaps.

Insane.

Whew. Dotson is BACK to his old self as an elite pass blocking RT. I thought TB would have to move on from but he's showed up this year.  I wonder how Don Smith graded yesterday? I don't remember him being too terrible other than a penalty.

5 hours ago, indifference said:

Whew. Dotson is BACK to his old self as an elite pass blocking RT. I thought TB would have to move on from but he's showed up this year.  I wonder how Don Smith graded yesterday? I don't remember him being too terrible other than a penalty.

I think Donovan Smith had two penalties. I have no idea how he did blocking. I know PFF hasn't graded him very well overall. 

Archived