Merry Christmas!

Heinz D.

The holidays has sucked this year, to say the least.  Even the holidays are so much different now thanks to C19.  I haven't seen my family face to face in about 5 months and couldn't even see them on the holidays like we usually do.  Haven't seen my Grandmother since late spring, which I hate the most. (just turned 89 in October after losing both in-law grandparents ~2 years ago at the ages of 93 and 91 respectively) .   My wife is a local school secretary and they have strict C19 policies put in place that any staff has to quarantine for 14 days if they come into contact with anyone that has even shown signs of symptoms related to COVID or even had recent contact with someone who has tested positive, and so this has been a real obstacle.  Our son's friend's mother was in the hospital for COVID 4-5 days before TG and so he had to quarantined (not leave the house) for 14 days. And while he handed it well, given the circumstances, it wasn't an easy task---18 years old and he still doesn't truly really understand the ramifications. 

Fireworks for New Years......where?.  So much for that.  (My brother makes his own but those are far too powerful for my area, trust me I tried.  it's more like dynamite x3--I set one off in the backyard 4 years ago and I woke one neighbor up, who had to be work early which I didn't know until he sent his daughter out ask what was going on, and shrapnel flew into my other neighbors yard and tore off a large piece of his garage siding on the corner and I had to pay for it and replace it myself )

Needless to say, this year has absolutely sucked and has changed our lives to an extent that none of us could ever have imagined. 

On the bright side though, the positive to this whole experience is that it should make us all treasure and appreciate what we have and to not take it for granted.  Especially us Americans, because lets be honest, we are spoiled and do tend to take too much for granted more than we should vs other nations. 

/End rant lol. 

Hope everyone had/has a happy and safe holiday. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 7:21 PM, beardown3231 said:

I’m incredibly tempted. That’s a year round sweater. 

On 12/25/2020 at 8:20 PM, topwop1 said:

Merry Christmas everyone

It’s impossible to dislike the guy