I really hope to see Bucs V Seahawks

mdonnelly21

Bucs V Seahawks   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Bucs V Seahawks who wins?

Yeah a game we haven't seen the Bucs face the Seahawks yet this season, and it would be a great game but I believe Brady pulls it off. Seattle doesn't have great corners so I don't see how they cover all of Mike, Godwin, AB, Gronk. I don't think it's a good matchup for Seattle.

Also all this talk about Seattle having a great pass rush now is a bit exaggerated in my opinion, it's definitely gotten much better don't get me wrong but let's also look at those offensive lines they've come up against in that time -- Eagles, Giants, Jets, Washington, Rams (Lost there best lineman) -- So yes their pass rush has gotten a lot better but imo it's smoke and mirrors, against better O-Lines they won't dominate like they have against these weaker O-Lines. The Bucs by no means have a great O-Line but it is better than those teams and I believe it's a good not great O-Line but yeah 5 man pressures mean you only drop 6 back into coverage and with these weapons that's not ideal. So for me if we do see the matchup -- which with TB likely being the 5 seed and Seattle likely being the 3 seed unless they can both get to the NFC Championship game I doubt we see it -- I'm taking TB. 

24 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

NFC really lacking when it comes to top, likable teams. 

Likable is a subjective term. I mean I don’t hate any team, but the only likable ones in the AFC to me are Buffalo, Tennessee, and Miami. I think Green Bay, Tampa Bay, and to a lesser degree, Arizona, Seattle are all pretty likable teams in the NFC. 

Maybe because you’re NFC guy and I’m an AFC guy might play a role. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Likable is a subjective term. I mean I don’t hate any team, but the only likable ones in the AFC to me are Buffalo, Tennessee, and Miami. I think Green Bay, Tampa Bay, and to a lesser degree, Arizona, Seattle are all pretty likable teams in the NFC. 

Maybe because you’re NFC guy and I’m an AFC guy might play a role. 

They literally have AB on the roster, that’s like an instant disqualification from being a likeable team. Tom Brady is also one of the most polarizing QBs in the league, the Bucs only have AB on their roster because of Brady. That’s like one of the least likeable squads in the playoffs.

Granted, “likeable” is subjective in and of itself, but I feel pretty confident in saying that at least half of America hates Tom Brady due to various polls that have been taken over the years. I also feel pretty confident that AB has probably found a way to individually insult or short change half of everyone in America somehow with how he gets around.

Just now, diamondbull424 said:

They literally have AB on the roster, that’s like an instant disqualification from being a likeable team. Tom Brady is also one of the most polarizing QBs in the league, the Bucs only have AB on their roster because of Brady. That’s like one of the least likeable squads in the playoffs.

Granted, “likeable” is subjective in and of itself, but I feel pretty confident in saying that at least half of America hates Tom Brady due to various polls that have been taken over the years. I also feel pretty confident that AB has probably found a way to individually insult or short change half of everyone in America somehow with how he gets around.

AB is not really an integral part of the team. He came on late and is really not part of the identity. He’s no where remotely close to the AB of old. And he’s far far less important than Brady, Jones, Evans, Godwin, and the OL. I’m a little annoyed they signed AB, but it’s not like he’s really contributing to the team’s success in any meaningful way. 

As for Brady, he has gotten way more humble over the years and miles less arrogant. I totally respect him for wanting to prove he can do it without Bill, his attitude has changed, and the guy lives and breaths football which has to be respected. He could of retired into the wind, but wants another ring bad. 

I also got a little annoyed of many fans and media saying his arm was done by box scouting. All you had to do was watch Patriot games last year and see his arm is still sharp and no drop off. Is it the same arm as 2011? No. Is it the same arm from the 2015-2017 Brady Era? Yes. The fans were completely wrong. 

Personally I wanted him on the Raiders this year. I have no doubts we’d be in the playoffs. However, no chance he would of won a ring with our defense. He has a real legit chance to win a ring this year. Bucs have both a great offense and great defense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

AB is not really an integral part of the team. He came on late and is really not part of the identity. He’s no where remotely close to the AB of old. And he’s far far less important than Brady, Jones, Evans, Godwin, and the OL. I’m a little annoyed they signed AB, but it’s not like he’s really contributing to the team’s success in any meaningful way. 

As for Brady, he has gotten way more humble over the years and miles less arrogant. I totally respect him for wanting to prove he can do it without Bill, his attitude has changed, and the guy lives and breaths football which has to be respected. He could of retired into the wind, but wants another ring bad. 

I also got a little annoyed of many fans and media saying his arm was done by box scouting. All you had to do was watch Patriot games last year and see his arm is still sharp and no drop off. Is it the same arm as 2011? No. Is it the same arm from the 2015-2017 Brady Era? Yes. The fans were completely wrong. 

Personally I wanted him on the Raiders this year. I have no doubts we’d be in the playoffs. However, no chance he would of won a ring with our defense. He has a real legit chance to win a ring this year. Bucs have both a great offense and great defense. 

True.

But most of this I feel are your own personal takes vs a consensus take. Half of America hasn’t suddenly stopped hating Brady. And whether AB is an integral part of the team or not, he’s still catching TD passes and getting playing time. If they win a SB, it’s still AB winning a ring. I’m personally not one that really has a grudge against AB, but many fans and those in the media do.

So when talking likeable, I think it has less to do with personal opinion and more about consensus opinion. A team with guys like Brady, AB, Suh, Fournette aren’t likely to finish within the top 10 of most likeable teams in the NFL.

My personal opinion would tell me that the Ravens are a likeable team because I like them, but I know in reality, we really aren’t. Some fans hate the team because they used to be the Browns and left that all behind. Some hate the squad because Ray Lewis was on the team for such a long time after his nightclub incident. Some hate Harbaugh because he’s a Harbaugh. Some hated Flacco’s DPI and have carried that hate over. Some hate Lamar because he completely invalidated their claims about his inability to play QB in the league. Some hate them because of the Ray Rice incident.

So yeah, the Bucs is my only strong disagree with your OP listing. But it is what it is. If you’re just going off your own personal “likeability”  than I suppose that makes sense.