The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

21 hours ago, jrry32 said:

So what happens next year? Seems pretty clear to me that Trask is the starter if he returns. I guess Franks will transfer. Hopefully, Emory sticks around and becomes the starter in 2021. Amazing what Mullen has done with a backup QB who didn't even start in high school.

I imagine Franks plays baseball, he's already signed with the Red Sox. Plus he has to know that he's never beating out Trask or Emory for the job.

As for Emory, I feel Mullen needs to give him a fair shake at winning the job during spring ball. I have no issue with using both QB's next year like we do now, but IDK if Emory is going to be willing to be the backup for another year. If he does decide to transfer, we're going to have to find a QB in the portal. 

On 11/17/2019 at 4:23 PM, eggybucsfan31 said:

I have no issue with using both QB's next year like we do now, but IDK if Emory is going to be willing to be the backup for another year. If he does decide to transfer, we're going to have to find a QB in the portal. 

it seems like the consensus belief is that if he doesn't start he's likely gone. I do think that with another off-season under his belt he'll have a shot to beat out Trask. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that FSU whoopin felt good. And then we landed Ethan Pouncey. We seem poised to close well.

On 11/21/2019 at 8:07 AM, Scalamania said:

it seems like the consensus belief is that if he doesn't start he's likely gone. I do think that with another off-season under his belt he'll have a shot to beat out Trask. 

My understanding is that Emory was considered transferring but decided to stay.

Just now, Scalamania said:

He's a good player and I think he's a good fit for the system. I would hate to see him leave. 

I think he is a better fit than Trask. As long as he is serviceable as a passer (which I think he will be way better than that), then his running and having to account for that makes us a much better offense, especially against better Ds and teams

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BrownieTheElf said:

Who were we in on?

DT Tim Smith (stuck with Bama), DE Donnell Harris (stuck with aTm and trolled us), WR Sam Brown (chose WVU over us) and pretty much every other RB/WR worth a damn. EDIT: Clyde Pinder just signed with UNC, so add him too. 

Overall, the class is pretty good (esp. in the trenches) but today was a disaster. Gonzales and Knox are not pulling their weight on the trail. Having zero RB’s signed yet despite a wealth of in-state talent and having only 1 signed WR when we’re losing at least 4 is awful no matter how you want to spin it. 

Edited by eggybucsfan31

18 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

DT Tim Smith (stuck with Bama), DE Donnell Harris (stuck with aTm and trolled us), WR Sam Brown (chose WVU over us) and pretty much every other RB/WR worth a damn. EDIT: Clyde Pinder just signed with UNC, so add him too. 

Overall, the class is pretty good (esp. in the trenches) but today was a disaster. Gonzales and Knox are not pulling their weight on the trail. Having zero RB’s signed yet despite a wealth of in-state talent and having only 1 signed WR when we’re losing at least 4 is awful no matter how you want to spin it. 

Agreed - pretty good class but Gonzales and Knox need to go ASAP. What happens if we don't land Parrish?

• 1 month later...