The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida coach Dan Mullen signed a three-year contract extension that granted him a significant raise with the Gators in mid-May.

Under the terms of Mullen's new contract agreement, he will be the coach at Florida through the 2026 season, a three-year extension of his original deal. The new agreement will also up Mullen's annual compensation total to a little more than $7.6 million for each year remaining on the life of his deal.

That's a raise of about $1.5 million per season, though the financial breakdown varies by year.

• 3 months later...
55 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Anthony Richardson needs to be QB1. Emory doesn't have it as a passer. AR is a Colin Kaepernick/Cam Newton type talent.

For being a dual threat QB, emory isnt a treat on the ground and he stares down his receivers way too much,

AR15 is the real deal on the ground need to see more in the air next game tho but yes i agree that he should be QB1

7 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

For being a dual threat QB, emory isnt a treat on the ground and he stares down his receivers way too much,

AR15 is the real deal on the ground need to see more in the air next game tho but yes i agree that he should be QB1

Generally agree. Emory has good athleticism, but he's not in AR's class as a runner. AR is a freak of nature. Emory is merely a mobile guy with good feet and instincts. Issue is that Emory was staring down WRs, not coming off bad reads, and throwing inaccurate passes with no touch.

AR needs more passing reps, but he was making vastly better decisions and throwing a much better ball. And he's very obviously the superior runner. Dude has rare talent as a runner. 

Edited by jrry32

I know hindsight is always 20/20 but watching Matt Corral play always makes me think what if.

I do think we have a major quarterback problem because neither of these guys can actually throw the ball. It'll be interesting to see what CDM does this week against another lesser opponent before we take on Bama. 

7 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I know hindsight is always 20/20 but watching Matt Corral play always makes me think what if.

I do think we have a major quarterback problem because neither of these guys can actually throw the ball. It'll be interesting to see what CDM does this week against another lesser opponent before we take on Bama. 

Give AR reps, and he'll show he can throw it. He's young and developing, but he's a freak. Make that kid the starter, and we're not talking about other QB "what ifs."