BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

6 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Loving each other has nothing to do with it. Everyone here is my friend which is why I’m comfortable saying whatever. Being friends has nothing to do with my calling people out on weak-*** comments. I love you all but your comments were weak 

Look here I have some traumatic **** going on every day recently. I am stressed the **** out. I come here to get away from it. I comment what I comment. You ask for an explanation I’ll give it to you. And then we can drop it. If you don’t like it then you don’t like it. I could just post a gif like pheltz or not post anything at all. I’m sure this is going to bite me later but I’m doing my best here. 

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Look here I have some traumatic **** going on every day recently. I am stressed the **** out. I come here to get away from it. I comment what I comment. You ask for an explanation I’ll give it to you. And then we can drop it. If you don’t like it then you don’t like it. I could just post a gif like pheltz or not post anything at all. I’m sure this is going to bite me later but I’m doing my best here. 

Happy Season 3 GIF by Friends

• Like 1

I think we are all doing our best here and have hit the point in the season where the Thanksgiving break is much needed.  We all put a lot of time and effort into BDL, and it sucks when 1. we lose and feel like we shouldn't have and 2. don't understand why we lost.

I also think 75% of the owners have just had themselves a week.

• Like 4

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I think we are all doing our best here and have hit the point in the season where the Thanksgiving break is much needed.  We all put a lot of time and effort into BDL, and it sucks when 1. we lose and feel like we shouldn't have and 2. don't understand why we lost.

Yeah I think we all take cheap wins if they come just because losing when you feel like you should’ve won sucks. Actually, losing when you expected to lose might suck even more when you can’t change the issues that create the losses.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

A lot of minimizing of feelings in here and damage control. A BDL staple. That **** is weaker than the comments Whicker is talking about. GTFO.

Perhaps so. It just doesn’t make sense to combat rage with rage. Whicker let his emotions out to no judgements. You can do the same.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

A lot of minimizing of feelings in here and damage control. A BDL staple. That **** is weaker than the comments Whicker is talking about. GTFO.

How about we all fly to Manhattan, have a red wine sleepover with md4l, and get all the feelings out?

• Like 8

52 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I was the one who submitted a game plan which apparently wasn’t good enough to beat a 0-9 team with no offensive game plan and yet no one cared to take the time to at least tell me where I went so wrong as to lose to that.

On the plus side, you did win though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I also think 75% of the owners have just had themselves a week.

It feels like it should be NEXT Thursday after this week or two stretch that I've had.

IRL, our HC just stepped down, and now everyone is in limbo trying to figure out what that means going forward, who our next HC is going to be, who he is/isn't going to retain, and all while trying to sort out weight room time while me and another coach run weights in limbo land.

This Is Fine GIF

• Like 1

I understand why people get frustrated when they lose and feel they should've won. I still am salty about my loss to SirA in the playoffs last year and don't think I should've lost. But it is what it is and you move on. Everyone (almost) thinks they put in a winning gameplan every week but someone has to lose. Just the nature of the game. And at the end of the day this is all just a game about a game. Emotions run high, I've been there, we all have. It definitely can be frustrating. But you just have to keep things in perspective.

And everyone votes with different criteria. Some people value individual weekly performance vs long term performance trends, some value the gameplan vs just pure roster talent. Sometimes that can change week to week. I have tried to move away from week to week performance as a main criteria but sometimes I think it still holds. Like I believe week 1 when Berlin's entire offensive roster decided not to play football. People calling people out for voting "wrong" is I think more damaging than weak voting reasoning. I'll be honest, I sometimes won't vote in close games if the person I'm going to vote for is already winning and I think the person I'd vote against is someone who will complain and rage about it.

This obviously is different from the scenario Whicker is dealing with where people voted before the full gameplan was posted. That I feel is a bit more justified but still at the end of the day there's no point getting angry, the game's over and you've got to move on.

• Like 1

Are we to the point where you guys want me to create memes and make fun of people to bring some levity, or would that be the Archduke Ferdinand assassination that sparks the complete chain reaction crumbling of BDL and ending with anarchy? I'm flexible and willing to go either way here.

• Like 1