BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Are we to the point where you guys want me to create memes and make fun of people to bring some levity, or would that be the Archduke Ferdinand assassination that sparks the complete chain reaction crumbling of BDL and ending with anarchy? I'm flexible and willing to go either way here.

Goff memes

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Look here I have some traumatic **** going on every day recently. I am stressed the **** out. I come here to get away from it. I comment what I comment. You ask for an explanation I’ll give it to you. And then we can drop it. If you don’t like it then you don’t like it. I could just post a gif like pheltz or not post anything at all. I’m sure this is going to bite me later but I’m doing my best here. 

It’s been dropped. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Are we to the point where you guys want me to create memes and make fun of people to bring some levity, or would that be the Archduke Ferdinand assassination that sparks the complete chain reaction crumbling of BDL and ending with anarchy? I'm flexible and willing to go either way here.

In truth I think this stuff comes up every year, probably around this same time period. It's the cyclical nature of BDL. There is no end, it just goes around and around forever, and endless loop of complaining and rage followed by acceptance followed again by complaining and rage.

Much like mafia.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 9:48 PM, MD4L said:

I’ll be honest, I like angry Rags. I don’t mind the occasional frustration.

It got kind of chippy in the game thread. Not always a bad thing.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:25 PM, MD4L said:

We ******* suck.

that is all.

The rage likely comes out at one point in a 18 week staple starting with shark tank.

• Like 1

The more that I think about, the more I think BDL is just the mafia of football. We write walls of text trying to convince people of the case we're making. We all complain about everyone else doing it wrong. The results often leave people angry.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I understand why people get frustrated when they lose and feel they should've won. I still am salty about my loss to SirA in the playoffs last year and don't think I should've lost. But it is what it is and you move on. Everyone (almost) thinks they put in a winning gameplan every week but someone has to lose. Just the nature of the game. And at the end of the day this is all just a game about a game. Emotions run high, I've been there, we all have. It definitely can be frustrating. But you just have to keep things in perspective.

And everyone votes with different criteria. Some people value individual weekly performance vs long term performance trends, some value the gameplan vs just pure roster talent. Sometimes that can change week to week. I have tried to move away from week to week performance as a main criteria but sometimes I think it still holds. Like I believe week 1 when Berlin's entire offensive roster decided not to play football. People calling people out for voting "wrong" is I think more damaging than weak voting reasoning. I'll be honest, I sometimes won't vote in close games if the person I'm going to vote for is already winning and I think the person I'd vote against is someone who will complain and rage about it.

This obviously is different from the scenario Whicker is dealing with where people voted before the full gameplan was posted. That I feel is a bit more justified but still at the end of the day there's no point getting angry, the game's over and you've got to move on.

That was annoying...but man, I couldn't even be mad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The latter 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

The more that I think about, the more I think BDL is just the mafia of football. We write walls of text trying to convince people of the case we're making. We all complain about everyone else doing it wrong. The results often leave people angry.

This is for you and Blue:

5und0j.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yes please what’s the theme

11 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I understand why people get frustrated when they lose and feel they should've won. I still am salty about my loss to SirA in the playoffs last year and don't think I should've lost. But it is what it is and you move on. Everyone (almost) thinks they put in a winning gameplan every week but someone has to lose. Just the nature of the game. And at the end of the day this is all just a game about a game. Emotions run high, I've been there, we all have. It definitely can be frustrating. But you just have to keep things in perspective.

And everyone votes with different criteria. Some people value individual weekly performance vs long term performance trends, some value the gameplan vs just pure roster talent. Sometimes that can change week to week. I have tried to move away from week to week performance as a main criteria but sometimes I think it still holds. Like I believe week 1 when Berlin's entire offensive roster decided not to play football. People calling people out for voting "wrong" is I think more damaging than weak voting reasoning. I'll be honest, I sometimes won't vote in close games if the person I'm going to vote for is already winning and I think the person I'd vote against is someone who will complain and rage about it.

This obviously is different from the scenario Whicker is dealing with where people voted before the full gameplan was posted. That I feel is a bit more justified but still at the end of the day there's no point getting angry, the game's over and you've got to move on.

I’ve never said anyones vote was “wrong”. Otherwise. I agree and I’ll move on