BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Question. When is OUR draft this year?

13 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I don’t know the exact date but two weeks before the real draft is the usual start on that Monday

Going by this logic it should start on April 12th. The thread is likely posted on the Sunday before on April 11th.

Looking at last year the draft started on the 23rd our draft started on the 6th but draft thread was posted on the 5th so with it starting on the 29th this year the 12th which is a Monday would fit. 

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Now that the trade had been approved...I thought that was a pretty cheap price to move up from #5 to #3.  Couple mid-round-to-late round picks and barely rosterable CB?

Barely rosterable? Steven Nelson has been a solid player for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

It might be pretty cheap but no one else came calling so... I pick up a few assets in a draft that is stocked with talent I can use. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Going by this logic it should start on April 12th. The thread is likely posted on the Sunday before on April 11th.

Looking at last year the draft started on the 23rd our draft started on the 6th but draft thread was posted on the 5th so with it starting on the 29th this year the 12th which is a Monday would fit. 

Quick someone hack the global calendar 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Barely rosterable? Steven Nelson has been a solid player for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

It might be pretty cheap but no one else came calling so... I pick up a few assets in a draft that is stocked with talent I can use. 

Barely rosterable in BDL.  

You didn't have to trade now if you knew it was pretty cheap.

17 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You probably value Nelson more then everyone else on here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

You probably value Nelson more then everyone else on here.

Maybe but I'm fine with it and luckily, I'm the only one other than Scoundrel that needed to be okay with the trade. Also considering my teams' progression, I'll go ahead and trust that I know what I'm doing 

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 2

Just now, Scoundrel said:

What if he didn’t want to move any lower than 5?

That wasn't my point.  My point was that, if you know you'd be selling low, and you don't have to sell, why sell?

You might have come back with a slightly better offer closer to draft day.

Just now, wwhickok said:

Maybe but I'm fine with it and luckily, I'm the only one other than Scoundrel that needed to be okay with the trade 

That is 100% correct.

Of course, you always have to expect a peanut gallery.

21 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

That wasn't my point.  My point was that, if you know you'd be selling low, and you don't have to sell, why sell?

You might have come back with a slightly better offer closer to draft day.

Nope that would be my only offer and if I told him who I wanted to take at 3 and 4 and he knew he was still getting whoever he wanted at 3 but at 5 with gaining some extra capital why wouldn’t he take it?

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Nope that would be my only offer and if I told him who I wanted to take at 3 and 4 and he knew he was still getting whoever he wanted at 3 but at 5 with gaining some extra capital why wouldn’t he take it? 

You say that now.

• Like 3