BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Whichever of those three I like best with a touch of need sprinkled in and some positional value.

No, that's just a gift.

I didn't say you did it intentionally...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I’m going to try and make a separate board doing it like you guys and see how it looks. I have a few days.

I literally have players with a PFA rank. Sleepers and such. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Can you share your format with me after PFA also? I am very intrigued by these other practices. 

It's pretty straight forward. By position and then I give them a round grade I would be comfortable taking them. 

I remove players as they are drafted so I don't keep a record of it.

Any leftovers are Shark Tank/Waiver Fodder.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I’m going to try and make a separate board doing it like you guys and see how it looks. I have a few days.

I also underline certain guys that are favorites regardless of round and that can move the needle one way or another.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

@Ragnarok can you share your ranking with me after PFA the structure is interesting to me. I get the concept but how do you determine let’s say if you have an OT,CB,WR ranked all at #3 for their positions and you would take them all at say pick 30. How would you then determine which you’d pick? 

It really all depends on if you are a BPA type or a draft for need type. If he's the latter, it's pretty simple 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Ok Anchorage having 15 picks in the first round is stupid and I want the record to show that it's stupid.

It's a BDL tradition for one person to dominate the first two rounds with picks because half the league treats the BDL draft like it's the NBA.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

It really all depends on if you are a BPA type or a draft for need type. If he's the latter, it's pretty simple 

My first year in the league I didn’t even use a board just drafted guys I liked if they were there and that was my best draft. I should probably revert back to that.

• Like 1