BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

6 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

That's a seriously flawed argument.  I've been saying for oh, I don't know, 18 months that the cap situation in BDL is going to be challenging for the BDL 2022 season.  Why would I spend that kind of $ on a long term deal when I just drafted 2 rookies that were likely to see early playing time?  Terrible logic, try again.

Edit:  This is Trump Supporter Conspiracy level; so I anticipated losing 12 players (7 Starters!) to IR in the first 3 weeks in combination with not signing Stafford to an exorbitant multi year deal in a nefarious plot to tank?  Full chimney lord.

You spent $13k on linebackers you didn't need and signed two QBs whom it would surprise no one if they were both benched and/or hurt by midseason. You could very easily have gotten into the Stafford bidding and instead you opted to give Shaq Barrett $17k/year for 5 years.

1 minute ago, pheltzbahr said:

The one he won 99 out of 100 times he's not facing Rodgers.  What game were you watching?

The refs gifted San Francisco two touchdown drives with horrendous calls and I can drag out plenty of comments from people other than me if you even think about accusing me of being a homer. He was terrible and probably would have been pulled if it hadn't been close on the scoreboard.

Judge me on these trades. Go!

Xavier Woods, Justin Layne and 2022 6th for Austin Jackson and Cesar Ruiz

CJ Henderson and Tyler Boyd for 2023 2nd and Jaylon Smith

Donte Jackson for 2022 4th, 2023 5th and 7th

Dexter Lawrence and Foley Fatukasi for Kristian Fulton and Andrew Thomas

Jedrick Wills Jr for Erik McCoy 2022 1st and 7th

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blue said:

You spent $13k on linebackers you didn't need and signed two QBs whom it would surprise no one if they were both benched and/or hurt by midseason. You could very easily have gotten into the Stafford bidding and instead you opted to give Shaq Barrett $17k/year for 5 years.

To be fair he certainly needed edge help 

Maybe he thought Wentz would bounce back or his rookies would pan out.  The LB thing is puzzling but I don't think there's a slam dunk number one pick to be tanking for.  Just rolled the dice at qb and hasn't hit 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Judge me on these trades. Go!

Xavier Woods, Justin Layne and 2022 6th for Austin Jackson and Cesar Ruiz

CJ Henderson and Tyler Boyd for 2023 2nd and Jaylon Smith

Donte Jackson for 2022 4th, 2023 5th and 7th

Dexter Lawrence and Foley Fatukasi for Kristian Fulton and Andrew Thomas

Jedrick Wills Jr for Erik McCoy 2022 1st and 7th

Henderson/Boyd I'd give the edge to Camden, rest were dubs for you. 

• Like 2

While I agree that spending that money on the LBs in the tank was pretty silly, I would also hesitate in being overly critical of another team's FA moves if I came into the season with Rhamondre Stevenson and Kyle Juszcyk as my top RB options.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

While I agree that spending that money on the LBs in the tank was pretty silly, I would also hesitate in being overly critical of another team's FA moves if I came into the season with Rhamondre Stevenson and Kyle Juszcyk as my top RB options.

Let’s not forget paying $17,000 for Mahomes backup who could yield a 2nd round pick next year.

Edited by MD4L

For the record on an offense with Mahomes, I consider it more unique then egregious to make Juszcyk a RB1. It could be deadly with his receiver skill set. Solid blocking ability and not a sub 4.0 YPC liability as a rusher. That’s a nice piece if you fill out the roster correctly