BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

7 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I love what Buffalo is doing on the DL with the heavy rotations. Something I've been doing for years in the BDL. It just makes so much sense, especially against an offense like KC which can play up-tempo and kill you with a million cuts.

giphy.gif

This is the way.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I’m not phased at all with what Trevor’s done. If he had a Brian Daboll lite presence he would be exactly the guy we scouted. Don’t let this current situation fool you, though Jacksonville will do what they want from a FO perspective.

Trust me I do love Trevor. And Burrow has weird freak accident syndrome or something (throat contusion!?) so I have to keep Trevor to push us through. 

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

I said one of mine, not someone dead to me.

TBH my TE situation is horrific without Fant, so I took that position of weakness and made it neutral imo.

I don’t fault you I just like to have fun with you cus you claim I stole from you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Trust me I do love Trevor. And Burrow has weird freak accident syndrome or something (throat contusion!?) so I have to keep Trevor to push us through. 

I like Burrow. He earned* my respect and has some toughness.

But he’s not Trevor. We’ll see what that means 8-10 years from now but he’s not Trevor.

Edited by MD4L

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

You got two rookie irl first round corners to fill the void anyway.

Yeah, Okudah was a top 3 pick, let me know how that's helping him on the field.

Farley finally got on the field for the Titans this weekend, so looking forward to seeing what he brings. Newsome did look promising before his injury.

51 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

And yet he's still starting over Juan Thornhill, the only active safety Rags has on his roster. Pretty sure Thornhill was quoted as "playing at an all-pro level" in BDL discussion threads previously.

They use Thornhill in all passing situations, so he does the same thing for them he does for us.  They just rotate their safeties and use a lot of 3 safety sets.

38 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

They use Thornhill in all passing situations, so he does the same thing for them he does for us.  They just rotate their safeties and use a lot of 3 safety sets.

Thornhill played 30 snaps total in Weeks 2 and 3 combined and has 61 snaps played from weeks 2-4 after playing 56 and starting in Week 1. This coming after a season where he only started 8 games.

Think there might be a little bit more going on there than simply a safety rotation.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

imagine if, instead of Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer, they instead had ballhawk Kevin Byard back there, who had a fumble recovered for a touchdown and an interception today! The ball just seems to find its way into Byard's hands, let me tell you

The ball also falls into Micah's hands 😎

• Like 2