BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

6 hours ago, RedGold said:

I’m here for the Chief fan panicking, after getting criticized for saying this roster is severely overrated all training camp.  

Yeah, I was saying that to a Chiefs fan at work earlier this season. On offense you have Hill and Kelce and Mahomes and that's it (obviously there are some other decent players but those guys do the heavy lifting). Then on defense you've got some solid players but the unit as a whole just isn't that great. At the end of the day having Mahomes gives you a chance to beat any team in any given game but this is not a team that's going to dominate week after week.

• Like 1

Chiefs also have a very good OL. But if you can generate pressure with 4 and have 2 elite safeties in a cover 2, you're always going to make it tough on the opposing QB. Plus there was inevitably going to be some kind of regression from Mahomes. I mean as good as Mahomes was, I don't think any QB in the history of the game walked straight into a better situation than him. Reid as coach, Hill, Kelce, Watkins as targets? Alex Smith as a mentor and a perennial playoff team filling out the roster? Obviously there's room for him to improve with experience, but as teams got more tape and the others around got a bit worse, a regression was also inevitable.

With that said, I just think it speaks more of Buffalo than KC. KC could very well have been 4-0 going into this match. They blew both games against the Chargers & Ravens. Buffalo is just the best team in football right now and quite arguably the best team on both sides of the ball (scored the most + conceded the least points).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Chiefs also have a very good OL. But if you can generate pressure with 4 and have 2 elite safeties in a cover 2, you're always going to make it tough on the opposing QB. Plus there was inevitably going to be some kind of regression from Mahomes. I mean as good as Mahomes was, I don't think any QB in the history of the game walked straight into a better situation than him. Reid as coach, Hill, Kelce, Watkins as targets? Alex Smith as a mentor and a perennial playoff team filling out the roster? Obviously there's room for him to improve with experience, but as teams got more tape and the others around got a bit worse, a regression was also inevitable.

With that said, I just think it speaks more of Buffalo than KC. KC could very well have been 4-0 going into this match. They blew both games against the Chargers & Ravens. Buffalo is just the best team in football right now and quite arguably the best team on both sides of the ball (scored the most + conceded the least points).

The Chiefs and Mahomes remind me of the Packers and Rodgers following their super bowl win.