BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

13 minutes ago, Jlash said:

It doesn't look like anyone on the defense gives a damn.

Word coming out of Denver is this coaching staff is gone after the season, almost no matter what happens. I don't doubt Fangio has lost the locker room at this point.

• Like 2

Just now, Blue said:

Word coming out of Denver is this coaching staff is gone after the season, almost no matter what happens. I don't doubt Fangio has lost the locker room at this point.

The injuries probably don't help, but for having some talent out there still it looks awful.

• Like 1

Case Keenum seems like such a dork to me. I was listening to an interview with him from yesterday where a reporter asked him if he prepares differently in these situations and he hit her with "I don't need to get ready. When you stay ready, you don't need to get ready. I'm built for this". Ok, guy.

• Like 4

The sad thing is Elway & the FO built pretty good teams even in the post Manning period, just completely messed up at QB and coach.

Paxton Lynch was the start - that dude freaking sucked. We could've remained competitive with Kubiak and Trevor Siemian once we retooled the D. Obviously Siemian wasn't the answer, but a homegrown stand in QB for a year or two is a good outcome for a 7th round pick.

Then Vance Joseph who was completely out of his depth as a HC. We hired him over Kyle Shanahan who just lead the Falcons to the superbowl with a great offense. Apparently if we grabbed Shanahan we were probably going to get Kirk Cousins the next offseason. Instead we get Case Keenum and then Joe Flacco, both completely sucking for us. We drafted Lock and immediately fired our OC and QB coach from his first year when he looked decent towards the end, then just set his progress back in the covid19 season and now we're stuck with Bridgewater doing nothing under a lame duck coach in Fangio. 

The worst part though was drafting Chubb over Allen, as good as Chubb is. With Allen this team is a superbowl favourite. 

Edited by WFLukic
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Case Keenum seems like such a dork to me. I was listening to an interview with him from yesterday where a reporter asked him if he prepares differently in these situations and he hit her with "I don't need to get ready. When you stay ready, you don't need to get ready. I'm built for this". Ok, guy.

He seems like the type who did JROTC in high school and took it way too seriously.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

He seems like the type who did JROTC in high school and took it way too seriously.

It's just tough to hear someone try to sound so hard when you look at his career as a whole. Like, are you REALLY built for this? The TV is showing me you've lost 11 of your last 12 starts homie.

Just now, Jlash said:

It's just tough to hear someone try to sound so hard when you look at his career as a whole. Like, are you REALLY built for this? The TV is showing me you've lost 11 of your last 12 starts homie.

Maybe he meant built for losing

• Like 2