BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

Just now, MWil23 said:

Otherwise, I'll take over Pickle's team and sell it off for spare parts in a series of fair trades, turning it into an expansion team for copious draft picks, young talent, etc. for whoever else wants to take over.

That team is excellent currently. They are a 4th and 5th CB away from being champion worthy. The last thing we need is to break that group of young talent apart.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Guys, I just really don't have the time to run a team. I'll be honest, I just joined to help @Blue since he asked me to and does 90% of the work. I give some occasional opinions, do the defensive game-plans, help with the draft strategy, and let him do his thing on trades, waivers, navigating the cap, offensive game-plans, etc.

Thanks, but I can't do anything this in depth right now, albeit me 10 years ago would have loved to have done something like this. 

At least your honest about it and are saying so up front. I appreciate it and you do a great job on those defensive Gameplans

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

That team is excellent currently. They are a 4th and 5th CB away from being champion worthy. The last thing we need is to break that group of young talent apart.

Yeah if you aren’t taking the team over permanently then no need to trade away it’s talent.

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

At least your honest about it and are saying so up front. I appreciate it and you do a great job on those defensive Gameplans

Thanks, I appreciate it! :)

I actually wouldn't be against running a team, but to the degree that it takes here in BDL, I honestly can't navigate all of that...way too many movies pieces in light of other obligations that I have/will have here.

28 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Thanks, I appreciate it! :)

I actually wouldn't be against running a team, but to the degree that it takes here in BDL, I honestly can't navigate all of that...way too many movies pieces in light of other obligations that I have/will have here.

To be fair, all youd need to do right now is a gameplan and maybe waiver wire.  So not that much more than you're currently doing.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

We’ve seen enough of your step brother antics to have to have it be twice weekly 

Kermit The Frog Reaction GIF

Blue and I game-planning for each other and shamelessly pandering for why the other is wrong and who everyone else should vote for.

angry kermit the frog GIF

Blue when I beat him because no one saw that he was attacking my 4th CB all game and that should account for more points

kermit worry GIF

Blue when he reads these exchanges and wonders what I'm going to do...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Otherwise, I'll take over Pickle's team and sell it off for spare parts in a series of fair trades, turning it into an expansion team for copious draft picks, young talent, etc. for whoever else wants to take over.

I mean that's basically what my plan was when I took over Whicker's team last year

Just now, Blue said:
3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

also  @Blue, stop trying to claim people already on someone else's team...lol

Mwil wanted me to, so I went ahead and did it to teach him a lesson

1. I'm not sure who we are talking about

2. I take no responsibility for this

3. *Narrator voice*

It was at this moment, their unique relationship started to strain, and MWil23 started to set his sights on greener pastures in the tundra of Antarctica (I'm aware of the nonsensical irony with that metaphor, because it's in Tim McCarver's narrator voice), and he this is the moment many point to in a Buddy Ryan/Mike Ditka (something Tim McCarver would say ism here). 

• Like 1