BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That's funny, I missed the part where I apologized for ranking him exactly where you should have been ranked in preseason coming off a season where he was a disappointment to say the least.  ;)

That’s a funny way to spell “I was wrong” 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I get Patrick Mahomes isn’t statistically elite and has some numbers that can allow people to come after him. Ranking him outside the top ten makes me lol though.

Is he still a top 10 QB? Yes. Has he been one this year? No.

37 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Solid list.

Mahomes is waaaay too high though. I'd struggle to put him in the top 10 based on how he's played this year. He's been pretty unfortunate with his turnovers this year admittedly, with a lot of drops by receivers ending up picks (i.e. the Josh Allen intercept). I guess it kind of balances out the enormous luck he had in the first few years of his careers where almost every bad throw would end up being called back for a penalty, or somehow Kelce/Hill would make some out of this world catch. 

I think you're selling Dak short too. He's been awesome, arguably the best QB. Based on just this year and what I've watched this year I'd have it something like this: 

1. Tom Brady
2. Dak Prescott
3. Kyler Murray
4. Matthew Stafford
5. Josh Allen
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Lamar Jackson
8. Derek Carr
9. Justin Herbert
10. Joe Burrow
11. Carson Wentz
12. Patrick Mahomes
13. Matt Ryan (haven't actually watched him play yet)
14. Ryan Tannehill
15. Sam Darnold / Baker Mayfield
16. Jared Goff (if Wilson were healthy he probably slots in that 7-10 range)

Poor Joe

3 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Is he still a top 10 QB? Yes. Has he been one this year? No.

He’s made some lol worthy throws no doubt, but if KC gets a few extra breaks (losing to Ravens with the CEH fumble immediately sticks out) we are giving him benefit of the doubt. Perhaps I still am, so I think this happens to all the elite QBs who have targets on their back and Mahomes deservedly so has that honor currently.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Pass performance statistics which is vague.  Yards?  TDs?  Passer rating?  Percentage of offense?  YPA?  Completion percentage?  Which?

I used Yards, TDs, Ints basically. I did not rank them based on my opinion of who is the best. I ranked them on statistical performance.

I took my personal opinion out of it. If it were my personal opinion, there would be some difference. I personally view Rodgers as a Top 5 QB without question. The criteria I used says something different.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I am loving Derek Carr so if someone graciously decided to say he’s the best, I’ll be quiet and let debates reign.

Derek Carr was actually hard to rank, a lot of those middle guys have similar #s. Carr has definitely been having a good year. That middle area of 6-10 was tough