The Witcher Mafia - Game Over! Toussaint wins! SirA1 rules The Continent!!

Whicker

Honestly that's pretty similar to a role I cut from one of my Star Trek mafia games... although something doesn't sit well with me, still. @squire12 , did your role not say that it would jan the person if they died?

Swag's lack of a reveal is very concerning to me right now. I don't know why a backup power would've prevented us learning Swag's name or alignment. It almost like if you're telling the truth, swoosh would have to have a JanKill or something...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

@The Orca seems like he's claiming some sort of commuter that also acts as a backup if he selects the correct person.

hider that has a backup element to it.  I did not get any prior results from moves swag made for those that failed to see that already answered

Not a very convincing claim, but Swoosh's is even worse.

sometimes the truth is hard to believe

Honestly still within the realm of possibility both are scum and one is the janitor... but I somewhat doubt swoosh would purposefully avoid trying to vote his partner the way he did at first (seemed to me to be a spot where it's obvious you need to bus).

I'm independent since SirA was eliminated D1

Either way, I'm pretty confident with staying on swoosh. If squire is town, hopefully his watcher role can get us some information (or we can verify him). Also scum may feel threatened by a watcher too and just off him for us.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

that is outside of my scope of understanding.  This has been explained already but here I will try again.

I choose a target.  I hide behind said target.  any move targeting me will instead be targeting the player I am hiding behind.  If that player I am hiding behind is hit, I become that character and role.  

So wait, the name of your character also changed? If so, what was it before and after?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

So wait, you couldn't be hit either way? You were basically a lightningrod/backup if you're telling the truth lol

Not a lightning rod as all moves are not brought to my target, just those that were initially targeting me

If squire12 inherited the actual character, not just the ability, it could very well mean that he inherited Swag's alignment if it were not Independent as well. Which would also explain why the kill was janned.

Of course, I'm assuming scum killed him. So Swag was probably town himself, too, but something to remember for later...

I could buy the claim before learning squire literally steals the identity of that person.

Does anyone have any lore information on "Dudu Biberveldt" to suggest he is some sort of disguiser?

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Honestly that's pretty similar to a role I cut from one of my Star Trek mafia games... although something doesn't sit well with me, still. @squire12 , did your role not say that it would jan the person if they died?

Swag's lack of a reveal is very concerning to me right now. I don't know why a backup power would've prevented us learning Swag's name or alignment. It almost like if you're telling the truth, swoosh would have to have a JanKill or something...

there was a secondary part of my ability that I was never able to use ..... could target a player at night whose alignment and role were not revealed at their death.  So the janitor ability would certainly be in the game.  Who and how many I am not sure

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If squire12 inherited the actual character, not just the ability, it could very well mean that he inherited Swag's alignment if it were not Independent as well. Which would also explain why the kill was janned.

Of course, I'm assuming scum killed him. So Swag was probably town himself, too, but something to remember for later...

I could buy the claim before learning squire literally steals the identity of that person.

Does anyone have any lore information on "Dudu Biberveldt" to suggest he is some sort of disguiser?

Quick Google search says he's a shapeshifter so I guess thematically it checks out. Wiki doesn't make it clear where his loyalties would lie for this game though.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

there was a secondary part of my ability that I was never able to use ..... could target a player at night whose alignment and role were not revealed at their death.  So the janitor ability would certainly be in the game.  Who and how many I am not sure

this just gets better and better...

so to be clear, your original cloning ability you used to assume swag's role does not mention it would jan that person when assuming their role?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Orca said:

So what is your alignment?

Oh, I can't wait to see you again
It's only a matter of time
Will they tell your story?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story? 
Will they tell your story?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

• Like 2