Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Good. Not trying to hate or anything, but man this needed to happen. At least he got out in front of it and change the narrative. He’s definitely a better defensive coordinator than quite a few and his defenses are usually pretty solid despite not having good corners, but man his lack of adjustments and not playing to the strengths of his players was frustrating. Wish him well if he decides to hang it up. He has a SB ring now after the head coaching gig didn’t work out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Smart move by Schwartz,  resign after week 17 before getting fired/let go as a scapegoat.  

Thanks for the SB. 🍺

I don’t think him being fired would’ve implied he was the scapegoat. There is no way any smart football fan whether Eagles or not would’ve viewed him as such. There isn’t one person you can blame for what the Eagles turned into, but he played a big part in it just like Pederson, Wentz, and Roseman. All four of them have to share the blame and he probably deserves the least amount of those 4, but he still deserves some.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don’t think him being fired would’ve implied he was the scapegoat. There is no way any smart football fan whether Eagles or not would’ve viewed him as such. There isn’t one person you can blame for what the Eagles turned into, but he played a big part in it just like Pederson, Wentz, and Roseman. All four of them have to share the blame and he probably deserves the least amount of those 4, but he still deserves some.

Jim has the least amount of blame though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scalamania said:

If Howie is still drafting who cares who we pick. They're gonna suck regardless. 

If Doug is still coaching who cares who we pick. They're gonna suck regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Danger said:

If Doug is still coaching who cares who we pick. They're gonna suck regardless.

Probably but I'm trying to hold onto that media person saying that Howie's basically ignoring other when picking our draft picks. I'm hoping he gets stripped of that duty or fired all together. I'm willing to give Doug one last chance only if there's big changes everywhere else

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eagles18 said:

schwartz needed to go. I'm convinced if Gerry never was injured then he would still be starting today. 

Jim liking bad players and keeping them out there was probably the most annoying thing about him. But even at his worst here in 5 years his defense was only mediocre and never really bad.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Jim liking bad players and keeping them out there was probably the most annoying thing about him. But even at his worst here in 5 years his defense was only mediocre and never really bad.

True. But how many games prior to this season did we lose because of his prevent defense? Also i feel like he didn't prioritize linebacker and great defenses need a great linebacker. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...