Colin Kaepernick

eagles18

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So I see the word headache continues to be thrown around. Could you explain what kind of "headache" he would be to the Vikings?

Exactly my thoughts. They are afraid of bad tweets?

26 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I think it's wonderful. If he was actually talented he'd have a job. We've had players that have murdered people (Leonard Little) come back and play because they had talent that teams wanted. He should go to the Canadian football league if he wants to play that bad.

I'm confused by this statement...why is it wonderful? 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So I see the word headache continues to be thrown around. Could you explain what kind of "headache" he would be to the Vikings?

All the questions that would come with him being signed that have nothing to do with football

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

All the questions that would come with him being signed that have nothing to do with football

And exactly how long would that last? The questions after a few weeks as was the case with SF will die down. It may not even last that long this time around.

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Which after the early firestorm, would go away. And where does that leave them? A better football team with Kap.

Just now, cddolphin said:

So he shouldn't have a job. Gotcha.

John 8:7

Why waste your time getting upset? He's a football player, not your family's moral counselor.

I'm not upset. He could have a job away from football tomorrow making more than I'll ever make in a year. Football is my escape from all the political bs stress and a reminder why I love this country so much. I didn't agree with him injecting his protest into the game. Had he picked a better platform away from football I would have been all ears.

1 minute ago, coors said:

Which after the early firestorm, would go away. And where does that leave them? A better football team with Kap.

This. It's the slow part of the offseason. You think fans are still going to be foaming at the mouth by week 2? Week 6? There will be other more interesting stories going on then. What Kaep did for 60 seconds every Sundy back in 2016 won't matter to 99.9% of us.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

So he shouldn't have a job. Gotcha.

John 8:7

Why waste your time getting upset? He's a football player, not your family's moral counselor.

Let's not get into that debate / conversation. Its hard to talk Kaepernick without that conversation, I know, but that's veering down a path we should not go. People have opinions, they're entitled to him. Don't want to get this thread locked if we veer too much away from the actual football conversation. 

Just now, TENINCH said:

I'm not upset. He could have a job away from football tomorrow making more than I'll ever make in a year. Football is my escape from all the political bs stress and a reminder why I love this country so much. I didn't agree with him injecting his protest into the game. Had he picked a better platform away from football I would have been all ears.

Escape from all the political BS? L-O-L.....

And better platform? What is a better platform than on a football field that is being watched by millions of people? His cause got the conversation started which was the whole point of it. Is it the platform or just the cause that is upsetting you? Seems to me it is more so the latter.....

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

I didn't agree with him injecting his protest into the game. Had he picked a better platform away from football I would have been all ears.

How much blame do you lay at the feet of the sports media then? They're the ones zooming in on Kaep kneeling every Sunday and dedicating segments on PTI and such to talk about it. He has said he made his point and will be standing in 2017.

Kaep is not the smartest guy and I don't agree with much of his message.. however, it's hard for me to fault the method of his protest. Brief and non-violent, which is precisely what people were asking for within the realm of what he was protesting about and a much better alternative than the choices some of his counterparts have made.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Escape from all the political BS? L-O-L.....

And better platform? What is a better platform than on a football field that is being watched by millions of people? His cause got the conversation started which was the whole point of it. Is it the platform or just the cause that is upsetting you? Seems to me it is more so the latter.....

I agree with his cause. I don't think anyone should be shot and killed by the police for no reason. Some of the people that were shot deserved it and some didn't. It's hard to discuss with out turning this into a political discussion.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

How much blame do you lay at the feet of the sports media then? They're the ones zooming in on Kaep kneeling every Sunday and dedicating segments on PTI and such to talk about it. He has said he made his point and will be standing in 2017.

Kaep is not the smartest guy and I don't agree with much of his message.. however, it's hard for me to fault the method of his protest. Brief and non-violent, which is precisely what people were asking for within the realm of what he was protesting about and a much better alternative than the choices some of his counterparts have made.

Oh a HUGE amount. The media imo wants us to tear this country and each apart. Anything that creates a news story.

Archived