Colin Kaepernick

eagles18

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Okay, glad we got that cleared. Now, on to the point that he could have used a better platform. What do you suggest?

Call a press conference away from football stating his stance on the topic and let people know how they can help. Jump on some of the talk shows. Have an open discussion and forum with as many police as he can. Film it all and put it on his website. Get some other celebrities involved to help spread his message in a productive way.

Right or wrong The United States Flag and National Anthem mean a lot to many people in this country. It's just something you don't mess with. It's not just a song and piece of cloth to them.

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Escape from all the political BS? L-O-L.....

And better platform? What is a better platform than on a football field that is being watched by millions of people? His cause got the conversation started which was the whole point of it. Is it the platform or just the cause that is upsetting you? Seems to me it is more so the latter.....

People want to feel "comfortable"/don't want to get involved. Which is fine, but I don't think watching football games is really affecting a person's livelihood if they don't want to be apart of the conversation. I don't see it as the same as a roadblock protest blocking your way to work or whatever. And they aren't talking about it during the games themselves, even if it's the 4th quarter and one team is getting blown out by 50. Only on NFL Live, NFL Total Access, or whatever other conversational show. People have the option to turn the change the channel though. 

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Call a press conference away from football stating his stance on the topic and let people know how they can help. Jump on some of the talk shows. Have an open discussion and forum with as many police as he can. Film it all and put it on his website. Get some other celebrities involved to help spread his message in a productive way.

Right or wrong The United States Flag and National Anthem mean a lot to many people in this country. It's just something you don't mess with. It's not just a song and piece of cloth to them.

Okay, so you don't like him kneeling during the national anthem......Now, lets say if he did hold a press conference away from the football field, would it one bring as much attention to the topic? And two, because it was away from the football field, would that mean he would no longer be asked about the topic? 

5 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

It's not just a song and piece of cloth to them.

That's a bigger problem than anything Kaep did, but I digress.

It's being reported that Ozzie and John want to sign Kaep, but the Ravens' owner is against it.

Sounds like another "test" leak to me.

4 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Why can't someone protest the way he wants? He's what, distracting people from watching a football game by sitting on the bench during the national anthem? But not really, because the attention is still on the game during the broadcast. 

Just now, cddolphin said:

That's a bigger problem than anything Kaep did, but I digress.

It's being reported that Ozzie and John want to sign Kaep, but the Ravens' owner is against it.

Sounds like another "test" leak to me.

Ravens owner has sponsors to think about. xD

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Why can't someone protest the way he wants? He's what, distracting people from watching a football game by sitting on the bench during the national anthem? But not really, because the attention is still on the game during the broadcast. 

Yeah but it's negative attention and a great way for people to not take you seriously.

Just now, TENINCH said:

Yeah but it's negative attention and a great way for people to not take you seriously.

According to who? If it wasn't taken seriously then you wouldn't have people up in arms about it and/or in support of his actions. Including veterans. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

According to who? If it wasn't taken seriously then you wouldn't have people up in arms about it and/or in support of his actions. Including veterans. 

If it was taken seriously he would have had a lot more support and he wouldn't be on 32 owners do not hire list.

3 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

If it was taken seriously he would have had a lot more support and he wouldn't be on 32 owners do not hire list.

Do you have a barometer for who has been in support and against his actions/beliefs? 

The NFL doesn't like the potential of bad PR. Political strife that goes against the status quo of what makes people feel comfortable in America = bad PR. The NFL owners are making good business decisions. They have an image to maintain, which is to pretend everything is fine and dandy in the country. They're in the entertainment business. Just because teams don't want to potentially be fielding questions about what is right and wrong in America (they shouldn't have to) doesn't mean that Colin isn't being taken seriously by the NFL or anyone else. That isn't the same thing. If he wasn't taken seriously the story would have never gotten off the ground and he would have had a job by now. 

I agree with J-All-Day . He took a knee to bring attention to a serious issue and people decided to avoid the issue by saying " he disrespected America" . Even though tons of soldiers came out and understood his protest. People have tried different approaches for years and no one bothered to look.

I'm honestly still mad my team signed a 38 year old QB with no accomplishments over him.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Being on the "do not hire list" is more of a indictment on the owners than anything. We will take dog killers/abusers/criminals but we won't take a guy who protested peacefully on a legitimate issue.

Jerry Jones will kick you off the team if you don't stand for the National Anthem. It's a song paying respect to the men and women that have died in service to this country and celebration of being an American citizen. You just don't mess with that. That song and flag are considered sacred because of the people that have come before us that built this country. The ones that gave their lives fighting so we could be our own nation.

Archived