Derrick "King" Henry Appreciation Post

KingTitan

13 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'm proud that my only critique was that he was a luxury pick...which I remember even saying to my friends while watching the draft. Lol...could've been worse

there were some great posters there that I haven't seen on the new forum... @Chocolateman78 where you at?!

Yea, seriously, what happened @TheDeeeeej ? I used to post in here under a different name I wonder if I could find it. 

Henry had a helluva season 

Not going to get on him for today’s loss 

I just don’t get why we don’t attack weaknesses of defenses 

The Ravens are daring us to throw and Arthur Smith decided to pound Henry into 8 and 9 man fronts 

Henry’s a great back hes trending to being the best in the franchise 

But when defenses sell out to stop him the play calling an pass catchers have to take advantage to push them back a bit to give Henry a chance 

31 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

OL was terrible today but...man....

Yeah today isn't going to ruin the season and what he means to the team.
I don't think we helped him out much with play calls either.
We didn't try to get the edge too much. 
Playcalls were bad. 
Line was bad.
He didn't have it today either.

But still he is King. 
9 times of 10 he gets it done. Today he didnt/

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah today isn't going to ruin the season and what he means to the team.
I don't think we helped him out much with play calls either.
We didn't try to get the edge too much. 
Playcalls were bad. 
Line was bad.
He didn't have it today either.

But still he is King. 
9 times of 10 he gets it done. Today he didnt/

He is the KING.

the KING, imo, didn’t leave it all out on the field today. This is gonna sound crazy, but I think he left maybe 20-25 yards on the field today that, with all the short yardage situations we found ourselves in, may have made the difference. He didn’t need 150 yards today. A hard, bruising 80 could’ve been huge.

As a fan, I probably expect too much out of individual players. But he was Heat Lebron versus Dallas when he needed to be Cleveland Game 7 LBJ beating Golden State

because that’s what the KING does. Lay it all out on the line in the playoffs 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

He is the KING.

the KING, imo, didn’t leave it all out on the field today. This is gonna sound crazy, but I think he left maybe 20-25 yards on the field today that, with all the short yardage situations we found ourselves in, may have made the difference. He didn’t need 150 yards today. A hard, bruising 80 could’ve been huge.

As a fan, I probably expect too much out of individual players. But he was Heat Lebron versus Dallas when he needed to be Cleveland Game 7 LBJ beating Golden State

because that’s what the KING does. Lay it all out on the line in the playoffs 

He has flaws. This is not something new, but if you get a push and touch him before he gets going he can look very easy to take down. He doesn’t have that Eddie like tenaciousness to get those little yards to make those small differences in the game. You are a 100 percent right. He didn’t need to go off. He just needed to get those short yardages to sustain drives and break the will of the d. And to be honest it didn’t seem like the staff trusted him on those short yardage situation because our line was getting handled on run downs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watching Henry on First Take, damn he is a special dude. Such a team player. Maybe I got on the rose colored glasses, but I got a feeling he is going to even come back harder next year after that Ravens game. I feel like he will be motivated by the story that he cant keep it up as a running back. We NEED to find a way to get this guy a ring. I want him to be the guy that leads us to our first Lombardi, in some way, shape or form. Damn I miss watching the Titans play on Sundays. September cant come soon enough.

58 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Watching Henry on First Take, damn he is a special dude. Such a team player. Maybe I got on the rose colored glasses, but I got a feeling he is going to even come back harder next year after that Ravens game. I feel like he will be motivated by the story that he cant keep it up as a running back. We NEED to find a way to get this guy a ring. I want him to be the guy that leads us to our first Lombardi, in some way, shape or form. Damn I miss watching the Titans play on Sundays. September cant come soon enough.

This might sound crazy, but Henry needs to run more physically. Ryan Clark was right when he said that Henry doesn't run at DLmen the same way he runs at DBs. That's what'll take his game to the next level. He gets a lot of 1-2 yard gains that need to become 3-4.

Needs some more of Eddie/Adrian Peterson/Marshawn in his game

the elite athletes keep working on their weaknesses. Henry is an elite athlete and this, IMO, is his biggest weakness right now. Gotta learn how to run through a MFer's face

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

This might sound crazy, but Henry needs to run more physically. Ryan Clark was right when he said that Henry doesn't run at DLmen the same way he runs at DBs. That's what'll take his game to the next level. He gets a lot of 1-2 yard gains that need to become 3-4.

Needs some more of Eddie/Adrian Peterson/Marshawn in his game

the elite athletes keep working on their weaknesses. Henry is an elite athlete and this, IMO, is his biggest weakness right now. Gotta learn how to run through a MFer's face

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

This has to be a joke.... His biggest weakness is not running over 300lb DL? Like seriously? He just ran for 2000 yards and basically led this team to a division championship and playoff appearance. Some of you wonder why we don’t run the offense through Tannehill... Well it’s because we have the best RB in football and a top 10 player in all of football. Tannehill has been great and they both feed off of each other but this is Henry’s team. As far his biggest weakness,it’s always been in the receiving and it always will be. Running through defensive lineman and LBs is something he has done consistently and there’s plenty of film of it. Obviously he’s got going to bury a DL like he does DB(shocker) but he’s ran over and put plenty in the dirt.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

This has to be a joke.... His biggest weakness is not running over 300lb DL? Like seriously? He just ran for 2000 yards and basically led this team to a division championship and playoff appearance. Some of you wonder why we don’t run the offense through Tannehill... Well it’s because we have the best RB in football and a top 10 player in all of football. Tannehill has been great and they both feed off of each other but this is Henry’s team. As far his biggest weakness,it’s always been in the receiving and it always will be. Running through defensive lineman and LBs is something he has done consistently and there’s plenty of film of it. Obviously he’s got going to bury a DL like he does DB(shocker) but he’s ran over and put plenty in the dirt.

Ran like a train against baltimore

people don't want to hear the truth sometimes. Henry does not run as physically as a guy like Lynch did. Doesn't mean he's not the special player that he is. Feel free to send a cut up of all this film you're referencing and him looking like a bull in a china shop while at the first/second level. it'll take you a while

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

Ran like a train against baltimore

people don't want to hear the truth sometimes. Henry does not run as physically as a guy like Lynch did. Doesn't mean he's not the special player that he is. Feel free to send a cut up of all this film you're referencing and him looking like a bull in a china shop while at the first/second level. it'll take you a while

To be honest, i don't need him to run over 300lb guys.  If he can break tackles and do what he do, I'm good.

Clark is right but also wrong at the same time.

Just because he doesn't run over DTs that are in his face or in the hole when he gets the ball doesn't make him some kind of chump or whimp like Clark was leading too.

He has made defenders of all size look silly. WIns some and losses some. 
But 2000 yards and a million yards after contact is good enough for me. 

And if that helps him last longer in the league then I'm all for it. He don't need to try to John Riggins his way to yards and be done in 7 years. 

• Like 1