Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Yea. It was convert if I succeeded or die if I failed.  I still stand maintain that it shouldn't have been written up that way but I had to play the hand I was dealt.

The fact that you were implicated and still survived this long tells me it probably WAS fair. The unknown factor with cults is what makes them so powerful, if I dont invest bucs n1 we never even know that there is a conversion mechanic. The only reason we figured it out was because we figured out the cult existed so early. Just bad luck for the cult, but I think it's balanced if I don'f find bucs so on n1

By the time we did find a cult member, if I hadn't investigated bucs. who knows where we'd be in the game  or could even tie that saveuntouch thing to a conversion, I think the only reason I figured it out is bcause they both happened n1. 

Couple days apart and I doubt I'm sold on the conversion mechanic from that move...

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Especially considering some of my screwups in the past. I didn't point out to you how sloppy I was when I left part of your name in a writeup in the Skyrim mafia. I knew you knew how sloppy I was, but that argument holds no weight since the others don't know that, so I left it at home.

Its also kind of why I refused to slow down, it's just becoming my terrible terrible meta at this point. 

If I'm being very careful that'll probably be a giveaway from now on. 

Yea, that was pretty bad too lol

I went after you for two reasons.

#1 because of the N1 write up it should have been obvious I was converted once Bucs was found out to be jigsaw. i thought maybe if I could get myself lynched, Bucs could convert someone else and give them a level 1 challenge and no one would find out about that convert then they would still have a chance. 

#2 it was the best theory that I could come up with that could hold water. In most games, it makes more sense to either have no idea that someone was converted or to know someone converted but you have no idea who. 

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

#1 because of the N1 write up it should have been obvious I was converted once Bucs was found out to be jigsaw. i thought maybe if I could get myself lynched, Bucs could convert someone else and give them a level 1 challenge and no one would find out about that convert then they would still have a chance. 

Ah. Yeah I knew you weren't just paranoid. Not twice. 

Yeah, we should've known sooner. I'm glad townies won, but mad I didn't follow up on you and CWood sooner when I friggin had it figured out. Everyone bailed on the theory, so I did too.

Oh well, live and learn. 

So did you hit JFin? Still wondering how he died.

3 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

The fact that you were implicated and still survived this long tells me it probably WAS fair. The unknown factor with cults is what makes them so powerful, if I dont invest bucs n1 we never even know that there is a conversion mechanic. The only reason we figured it out was because we figured out the cult existed so early. Just bad luck for the cult, but I think it's balanced if I don'f find bucs so on n1

By the time we did find a cult member, if I hadn't investigated bucs. who knows where we'd be in the game  or could even tie that saveuntouch thing to a conversion, I think the only reason I figured it out is bcause they both happened n1. 

Couple days apart and I doubt I'm sold on the conversion mechanic from that move...

Sure, maybe it's fair for town vs cult but it's not fair to that specific player. The second that jigsaw was known, that player should be toast. 

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Ah. Yeah I knew you weren't just paranoid. Not twice. 

Yeah, we should've known sooner. I'm glad townies won, but mad I didn't follow up on you and CWood sooner when I friggin had it figured out. Everyone bailed on the theory, so I did too.

Oh well, live and learn. 

So did you hit JFin? Still wondering how he died.

I'm still shocked no one picked up on the protections. Lol

no jfin was inactive killed.

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

Sure, maybe it's fair for town vs cult but it's not fair to that specific player. The second that jigsaw was known, that player should be toast. 

Fair, but I don't know if a horror villain cares if it's far. Wasn't really fair in the movies either. Sometimes you just get screwed and N1 was your lucky night. 

I think a silent conversion would've been too easy for the cult.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

no jfin was inactive killed.

meh. I guess it made the game more interesting, but there was nothing in the rules about it so it I assumed it was a hit.

Why that night suddenly? Just because  I investigated him? 

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Fair, but I don't know if a horror villain cares if it's far. Wasn't really fair in the movies either. Sometimes you just get screwed and N1 was your lucky night. 

I think a silent conversion would've been too easy for the cult.

Sure, the villian doesn't care but the host should. Lol 

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

meh. I guess it made the game more interesting, but there was nothing in the rules about it so it I assumed it was a hit.

Why that night suddenly? Just because  I investigated him? 

No, I think Bcb just got tired of him not voting. If I had to guess he wasn't submitting moves either. 

7 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

How sure are you that hockey was redirected? I have a theory. But only if you’re sure. Not that it matters if the games over

7 hours ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

95%. I think it was pretty well established that bad things would happen if you used a move on pats. Even if he just thought he might lose his powers like I did, I really doubt he would have intentionally gone for pats.

7 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

@utley4568 if the game goes on, James is 95% likely lying.

and honestly, it’s sloppy nobody has called hockey out for that post. Pretty cheap, but I wasn’t gonna say anything to possibly get civs a penalty.

Hey guys, Sorry that this was apparently an issue. I didn't think of the "redirect" issue but it was pretty clearly written in the writeup that I had made the move. Also as a "for the record" I went for it because the move was a jailing, not a hit. I figured a passive move like that might not get the same wrath as a hit and I was super skeptical of Pats claim at the time.

2 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

Knowing hockey, he thought he was lying and wanted to try it out

Pretty much.

12 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Hey guys, Sorry that this was apparently an issue. I didn't think of the "redirect" issue but it was pretty clearly written in the writeup that I had made the move. Also as a "for the record" I went for it because the move was a jailing, not a hit. I figured a passive move like that might not get the same wrath as a hit and I was super skeptical of Pats claim at the time.Pretty much.

And sorry I snitched on you.

Now everyone knows, if you're on my team there's a good chance I'll get my panties in a bunch if I felt you gave me/us an unfair advantage, I'll let it eat at me all game until I get to the point that I'd rather just sit out than keep playing.

It's a pretty major character flaw, especially for something so minor. But whatever, I've always been a rules nerd. 

xD Sorry @Hockey5djh for calling you out like that.

8 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:
30 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

No, I think Bcb just got tired of him not voting. If I had to guess he wasn't submitting moves either. 

basically this

and that's fair, but when there's nothing in the rules about inactivity deaths, it was just odd timing to decide that was the night he was going to die. I figured if a host would kill someone for that it would be earlier in the game and not the 2nd to last night, as to not influence the game so late.... I guess that's what a director does though.

Great game all around, had me thinking from D1 through the whole game. 3 nights this week with less than 5 hours of sleep because of this one. xD

8 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

and that's fair, but when there's nothing in the rules about inactivity deaths, it was just odd timing to decide that was the night he was going to die. I figured if a host would kill someone for that it would be earlier in the game and not the 2nd to last night, as to not influence the game so late.... I guess that's what a director does though.

Great game all around, had me thinking from D1 through the whole game. 3 nights this week with less than 5 hours of sleep because of this one. xD

Bcb stayed pretty fair. I tried like heck to get him to throw me a bone but it never worked.

another thing people missed was once cwood was lynched his role was revealed as dr Gordon SURVIVOR OF THE GAME lol 

I was gonna try and use the write up of his death to convince people that he was converted until I saw that.

Archived