Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

13 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Thank god this game is finally over. I was having a coronary trying to resist chiming in.

It seemed SO obvious to me that touch was cult aligned. Especially when the vote-to-save mechanic never resurfaced (even though it technically could have if touch had been killed along the way)

Also feel pretty vindicated on how much I was correct about from the N1 extravaganza. It later became obvious that Mookie was mafia, but I was all over that from the jump. In general I think the town had a pretty good beat on things, other than untouchable falling back into an assumed-townie for most of the game.

Sorry that I had to die so soon, because I would have tunneled hard at Untouchable and Mookie until they or I were dead.

99% positive you tunnel on me in every single mafia game I'm in...so...

I liked where my head was at in this game. Had solid reads on Bucs, Wicker and Mookie, had two successful protections - three, but it seems as if the Ripley hit was protection proof. 

Great game overall, @bcb1213. Will be interested in playing your next hosting gig. The minimum votes to lynch and active night times were interesting twists to the game - actually giving me an idea for a "real time" mafia game, where moves, lynches and events play out as soon as the PMs are sent to the host...

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

actually giving me an idea for a "real time" mafia game, where moves, lynches and events play out as soon as the PMs are sent to the host...

I was looking at different game setups like this on the mafiascum site. If you put one together, I’m in....  

there will be times that things just don’t go your way simply due to timing, and it will be infuriating. Sounds great!!!

31 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Thank god this game is finally over. I was having a coronary trying to resist chiming in.

It seemed SO obvious to me that touch was cult aligned. Especially when the vote-to-save mechanic never resurfaced (even though it technically could have if touch had been killed along the way)

Also feel pretty vindicated on how much I was correct about from the N1 extravaganza. It later became obvious that Mookie was mafia, but I was all over that from the jump. In general I think the town had a pretty good beat on things, other than untouchable falling back into an assumed-townie for most of the game.

Sorry that I had to die so soon, because I would have tunneled hard at Untouchable and Mookie until they or I were dead.

I didn't fall back into anything. I bit, scratched kicked and crawled my way back that way.

GG all. As I said before this was a pretty awesome game. I feel like I would have enjoyed it even more as town since I could have let me theories fly a little more. I still feel like we could have been more powerful but I do realize that my inexperience cost us a lot of equity in the endgame. 

I would still like to know why touch didn't see me visit Dome. I feel like if he had like I feel he should have then I could have talked my way out of it 

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

GG all. As I said before this was a pretty awesome game. I feel like I would have enjoyed it even more as town since I could have let me theories fly a little more. I still feel like we could have been more powerful but I do realize that my inexperience cost us a lot of equity in the endgame. 

I would still like to know why touch didn't see me visit Dome. I feel like if he had like I feel he should have then I could have talked my way out of it 

Don't ever hold back, unless you're dome, holding back is what causes the most scummy behavior. I think you holding back is what caused the post after night time that tipped me off. At that point you're searching for something to say to get more involved.

30 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I liked where my head was at in this game. Had solid reads on Bucs, Wicker and Mookie, had two successful protections - three, but it seems as if the Ripley hit was protection proof. 

Great game overall, @bcb1213. Will be interested in playing your next hosting gig. The minimum votes to lynch and active night times were interesting twists to the game - actually giving me an idea for a "real time" mafia game, where moves, lynches and events play out as soon as the PMs are sent to the host...

We protected you that night too lol

11 minutes ago, Whicker said:

ET protected him so you never got there

7 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Don't ever hold back, unless you're dome, holding back is what causes the most scummy behavior. I think you holding back is what caused the post after night time that tipped me off. At that point you're searching for something to say to get more involved.

Thanks. My mafia experience ha been weird. In Skyrim mafia I was an other and here I was mafia.  Since each time I went in with some special strategy I never learned how to be town. 

43 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I definitely didn’t think holding back my role was scummy at all, I never got your logic there. Why is holding back scummy?

Everyone else was following, and that’s what made you stand out to me, even more so than the possible conversion....

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

I definitely didn’t think holding back my role was scummy at all, I never got your logic there. Why is holding back scummy?

Everyone else was following, and that’s what made you stand out to me, even more so than the possible conversion....

I'm saying holding back as far as your thoughts. Kinda like when you talked about how I "forced you to reveal your cover role." That's why you should hold back at times. xD

my logic was that as soon as people find out Bucs role I was screwed and to simply start throwing shade at the first person I could. Then you soft claimed and I figured I'd either get myself lynched which would give Bucs a chance to convert someone else covertly or put enough doubt in you until later. The mafia was supposed to get rid of you.

Archived