Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

It's a move that screams FTW. So was knowledge ever actually given? 

Dome says he has role based knowledge that Bucs is not aligned with him. I believe him because if he's lying it is suicide. If Bucs come back civ then Dome will obviously be outted for lying about his knowledge and lynched.

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

What has you convinced?

Dome patrol says that he has knowledge from his role that Bucs isn't aligned with him. I think that it would be pretty insane to say that and then push for a Bucs lynch because if Bucs flips evil then dome is near guaranteed to be the next lynch. I also feel like Bucs' comment after the lynch is kind of suspect. If he misunderstood what it meant when Xmad flipped evil and just knew that he wasn't aligned with him, then his comment makes sense. Bucs also hasn't been posting a lot and when he does it seems to me like he's trying to deflect attention. Also the only real reason I gave Bucs a town lean this whole day was because he was hit during the night and I assumed it was by mafia. The others have now convinced he it's possible he was hit by a civ.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

Didn't he give his reasoning in the post he made about the possibility of there being an other?

Sure. I'd like him to expand on his knowledge when bucs is non-town. If he's a civ that is that perceptive or that lucky, he needs to be in here. 

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

It's a move that screams FTW. So was knowledge ever actually given? 

You mean LionsFTW in the Overwatch game? I think mission (mafia) had a one-time message that he could send through the host, and he sent that to Lions. Its a good example though, in that case it made us switch off of a mafia member since the info he had was so minuscule and he had to be vague about how he knew it.

3 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:
6 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

I really hate the "guys, I know something, trust me!" type of claims. If you really know something then its up to you to decide whether the info is worth claiming for. But usually those claims wind up being backpedaled from and pretty much boil down to nothing more than a hunch.

It's no hunch.

If so, carefully consider the bold.

Just now, Whicker said:

Dome patrol says that he has knowledge from his role that Bucs isn't aligned with him. I think that it would be pretty insane to say that and then push for a Bucs lynch because if Bucs flips evil then dome is near guaranteed to be the next lynch. I also feel like Bucs' comment after the lynch is kind of suspect. If he misunderstood what it meant when Xmad flipped evil and just knew that he wasn't aligned with him, then his comment makes sense. Bucs also hasn't been posting a lot and when he does it seems to me like he's trying to deflect attention. Also the only real reason I gave Bucs a town lean this whole day was because he was hit during the night and I assumed it was by mafia. The others have now convinced he it's possible he was hit by a civ.

There's a glaring hole with this though. How would he know he isn't aligned with him? 

Invest? Then just say you investigated him. 

Watched him? Then say what you know. 

The fact he keeps saying "role based" isn't concerning to anyone? 

IMO I see one of two scenarios. Dome is mafia and therefore knows Bucs isn't aligned with him but thinks/knows he is an other.

or dome is an other and thinks/knows Bucs is mafia. 

There is no other scenario that would give him knowledge that someone isn't aligned with him.

38 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Damn, so who are we supposed to believe here?

I've got Tk3 saying Mookie off role based knowledge and Dome saying Bucs from role based knowledge.

I will say, it would be suicide for Dome to lie here, and if Bucs comes back civ Dome would obviously be done for.

So tk3 claims to have "role based knowledge" as well? Who claimed this first?

Archived