Deshaun Watson Traded to Cleveland (3FRPs)

Texansfan713

2 hours ago, tab said:

with the Bauer suspension in the MLB, zeke getting 6 games for just one accusation, and the fact that they dont expect watson's lawsuits to be cleared up until 2024, there is logical reasoning to suspend him for at least 2 years

i would be impressed if they actually did that though. It depends on how mad the other owners are at the Browns I suppose

I'm just gonna say it: I hope the league--cowardly money-grubbers who wouldn't suspend him at all if they could get away with it in the public eye--are forced to start with two years and possibly set a precedent with banning him from the league. We just need a few more substantial accusations.

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

Oh here's one.

• Like 1

some interesting ideas on potential watson solutions for the league. The idea of a year of paid leave to clear up the legal stuff and THEN an actual suspension seems like a decent idea

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tab said:

some interesting ideas on potential watson solutions for the league. The idea of a year of paid leave to clear up the legal stuff and THEN an actual suspension seems like a decent idea

Ya, I think at this point he's almost got to be put on the commish exempt list. But part of me says screw them, and make him take up a roster spot like they did with us in Houston. But a year off and a year suspended would be perfect for us! 

Then hopefully Baker refuses to play as he would be a lame duck QB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tab said:

Taynestradamus 😍. Everyone wins here: (1) Watson gets paid the smallest amount of his contract hit to sit; (2) Watson gets suspended for year(s? 🥰) when big money kicks in; (3) Browns front office responsible gonna get canned for sure; (4) Texans get highest draft picks from no Watson for next two first rounders.

On 6/5/2022 at 3:15 PM, NudeTayne said:

I hope the NFL doesn't let him pull crap with the contract that was clearly set up to make him suspension-proof. The NFL should take it as a personal insult to do this so blatantly and suspend him through the end of next season, whether Watson gets suspended now, halfway through the season or even in the off-season.

The latter(est?) option could actually be the best because it could backfire so hard against Watson if any new allegations come forth this season or really there is just a swell of talk of why he hasn't been suspended. I would love if Watson played this year, walking on eggshells all year with press conferences etc., had an angry mob ready for blood by the end of the season and the NFL to go full-MLB and suspending him for years two and three of his contract 😍.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Taynestradamus 😍. Everyone wins here: (1) Watson gets paid the smallest amount of his contract hit to sit; (2) Watson gets suspended for year(s? 🥰) when big money kicks in; (3) Browns front office responsible gonna get canned for sure; (4) Texans get highest draft picks from no Watson for next two first rounders.

It is going to be interesting with Houston implicated.

Part of me thinks the NFL is getting more and more frustrated and upset at this situation. You have a 23rd and then a 24th victim coming forward, more details coming out, and Deshaun not being forward with Cleveland w/ everything. If he didn't come forward to Cleveland, he damn sure didn't come clean to the leauge. Hardin is making everything worse from the legal side. (For the record, I believe Hardin is only worried about getting Deshaun off on the legal stuff and can careless about the actual suspension) Also, I know the NFL can't be happy with that contract, specifically the structure. 1 million salary in year one is legitimately a slap in the face. Off with his head, give him a year. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

It is going to be interesting with Houston implicated.

Yup. Unfortunately for the Browns, this detail probably doesn't really change anything on the Browns's end but could get Houston in trouble too. It depends how much can be proven about Houston knowing.

I need to know a lot more context from the team about today’s NYT article

Watson in the article said he didn’t think the team knew, so my first feelings are that the team was trying to be accommodating (yet protective, re: the NDA) of their star player. Until all these accusations started coming out, myself and maybe most people, would have told you what a great guy Watson was. I don’t think I would have assumed any bad behavior if I had been told that he was seeing all these women, that’s just the kind of person I thought he was 2 years ago.

the NDA in the locker thing is interesting to me though, and the one I need the most context for I think. We use NDAs at my job enough for me to know they really aren’t a big deal. Any time someone brought a guest over pre-Covid, there was a little electronic kiosk by the door for people to sign (and on occasion, there have been piles of blank paper NDAs to sign as well). The fact he got a single NDA in his own locker made me think it was one for him to sign regarding that situation, to protect the org? I need to know if he was told “take this single paper NDA and photocopy it for your future dates”. Like that whole thing seems kind of weird to me. 

anyway this team never fails to disappoint so I should probably just prepare myself to be disappointed once again

• Like 2

9 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Ya, I think at this point he's almost got to be put on the commish exempt list. But part of me says screw them, and make him take up a roster spot like they did with us in Houston. But a year off and a year suspended would be perfect for us! 

Then hopefully Baker refuses to play as he would be a lame duck QB

The bridge is burned with Baker. The Browns got Brissett, though, and another backup, fwiw. 

5 hours ago, tab said:

anyway this team never fails to disappoint so I should probably just prepare myself to be disappointed once again

Browns QB getting dinged AND Jack Easterby getting fired for cause by the NFL? Cal McNair being exposed as incompetent? Nick Caserio fully exonerated in all matters involved in this situation and allowed to rebuild the inside of the building!?

Oh... be still my beating heart.

5 hours ago, tab said:

the NDA in the locker thing is interesting to me though, and the one I need the most context for I think. We use NDAs at my job enough for me to know they really aren’t a big deal.

I didn't put much thought into it initially; in addition to being the starting QB, Browns QB was a growing businessman in the Houston area. I'm sure a few of us had one of his bland subs from Lefty's Sub Sandwich Shop - an NDA could be standard operating procedure for discussions between his business team and other potential vendors or franchise opportunities.

I'll need to read the entire article to really see how culpable the Texans are. I have a feeling it's less than the article assumes... but more than I'm comfortable with.

• Like 1

After diving into the article, the headline definitely did it purpose to grab peoples attention by enabling Watson. Nothing in the article implicates the team.

All teams help their teams help their coaches and players out to setup accommodations at hotels and such around town and with NDA’s. Heck I can Google and download a NDA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

After diving into the article, the headline definitely did it purpose to grab peoples attention by enabling Watson. Nothing in the article implicates the team.

All teams help their teams help their coaches and players out to setup accommodations at hotels and such around town and with NDA’s. Heck I can Google and download a NDA

When I read it - at the very least, onus is on the Texans to prove Brent Naccara (Texans Head of Security) didn't know WHY he was giving Watson an NDA. From the article, it seems as if he provided the NDA in response to Nia Smith's "I could ruin you" response to Watsin on Instagram.

If Naccara gave Watson that as a precaution to this individual response (not sure WHY he would after the fact) then I could see a scenario where the Texans legitimately didn't know. If Naccara followed his protocols and let his bosses (McNair, Easterby) know and THEN he issued the NDA?

That's bad. That's VERY bad.