Urban's Coaching Staff - News & Notes

.Buzz

3 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I really think that the OC should a young offensive mind.. it should be someone Meyers should see that he could mold into being his potential replacement and it would leave us in good shape in case something unexpected were to happen with him.

Although the idea of this sounds awesome, Urban's trying to win and win now. With him already having to transition/learn the changes from college to the NFL he is definitely going to want to have some legit experience as his coordinators to lean on.

14 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

As long as they’re getting together and they are truly going to build a system from the ground up that is going to highlight the stuff Trevor does well and hide his flaws until he is able to grow. I suppose it’s just going to be interesting how the offense is going to look next year that’s probably the thing that I’m most excited about next year whether good, bad, or indifferent I just want to see what it looks like.

4 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

As long as they’re getting together and they are truly going to build a system from the ground up that is going to highlight the stuff Trevor does well and hide his flaws until he is able to grow. I suppose it’s just going to be interesting how the offense is going to look next year that’s probably the thing that I’m most excited about next year whether good, bad, or indifferent I just want to see what it looks like.

I mean, I definitely think they'll do exactly that. We have Urban Meyer now, not some young coordinator/unproven commodity. He's done that with every QB he's had.

As I've said, I'm not huge on Linehan but experience working with young QBs (and being successful) along with the long list of experience at the NFL level makes sense for Urban. Having the type of talent we have with a legit QB prospect should mitigate some risk, but we'll see.