Urban's Coaching Staff - News & Notes

.Buzz

Just now, .Buzz said:

How the hell did he get another gig is the real question.

I assume he and Saleh got to know each other a good bit and became good friends when coaching LBs vs TEs. As they say; it’s all about who you know, not what you know.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I assume he and Saleh got to know each other a good bit and became good friends when coaching LBs vs TEs. As they say; it’s all about who you know, not what you know.

Relationships are important but man...I hate that philosophy. Especially when said coach literally hasn't shown to bring anything to the table.

Anyways, happy he's out. Especially given the fact we likely draft a TE in the first few rounds.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Relationships are important but man...I hate that philosophy. Especially when said coach literally hasn't shown to bring anything to the table.

Anyways, happy he's out. Especially given the fact we likely draft a TE in the first few rounds.

I’m still of the opinion that Todd Wash only had a job here because of his well documented friendship with Marrone. So I too am very much against nepotistic hires.

5 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m still of the opinion that Todd Wash only had a job here because of his well documented friendship with Marrone. So I too am very much against nepotistic hires.

Although I agree, didn't Wash sit in on the HC interviews prior to Marrone being hired?

What a hilariously bad situation regardless. Thankfully that era's over with.

43 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Although I agree, didn't Wash sit in on the HC interviews prior to Marrone being hired?

What a hilariously bad situation regardless. Thankfully that era's over with.

I believe it’s worse than that. I think he sat in on DC interviews after Marrone was announced as HC. If I remember right, Jim Schwartz was one of the guys who interviewed for DC.