Urban's Coaching Staff - News & Notes

.Buzz

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

What is Charlie's position? I'm so confused.

Assistant head coach. He was expected to also coach the LBs, but I don’t believe that was ever confirmed as done, so maybe that speculation won’t come together.

• Like 1

To go along with Urban preferring the 3-4, I'd say it's very likely.

Most everyone should pencil in quite nicely. My one qualm, as I've said before, is Jack. Hopefully they realize letting him roam/play freely is where he's at his best and they continue to allow him to do so.

I actually like the hires although a lot of fans think that these guys are going to ruin Trevor is plan retarded. If anything I think these guys are looking at this as an opportunity to unleash a lot of new concepts that they may have been tinkering with but just didn’t have the personnel under center to attempt to do it. Trevor is going to get these guys a lot of looks for HC opportunities.. Schotty maybe the first in the shoot to do so.

I think an interesting observation to take note in Urban's hires is that he essentially tried to hire all former Seahawks coordinators or people that fall in that tree. There were reports that his initial preferred choice of DC was Dan Quinn, then when he went to Dallas he turned his attention to Raheem Morris who was the DC under Quinn before finally settling on Joe Cullen. It definitely a pattern, he must really like how the operation is run in Seattle by Pete Carrol or something.

Even the special teams coordinator is from the. Seahawks.

Edited by Vino
  • Like 1

For reference, here's a breakdown of Jim Harbaugh and Baalke's initial SF staff

(most recent position/highest position held to that point)

Offensive Coordinator – Greg Roman (Stanford TE&OT Coach/2002-2005 Houston Texans TE/QB coach)

Quarterbacks – Geep Chryst (Carolina TE coach/1999 San Diego OC)

Running Backs – Tom Rathman (Retained in same position from previous SF staff, highest position held)

Wide Receivers – John Morton (USC OC, highest position held)

Tight Ends – Reggie Davis (Oregon State RB coach, highest position held)

Offensive Line – Tim Drevno (Stanford OL coach, highest position held)

Offensive Line – Mike Solari (Retained from previous staff in same position/2007 KC OC)

Offensive Assistant – Bobby Engram (former player in first coaching capacity)

Defensive Coordinator – Vic Fangio (Stanford DC/DC for numerous NFL teams previously)

Defensive Line – Jim Tomsula (retained in same role from previous staff/Interim HC for SF previous year)

Linebackers – Jim Leavitt (HC of South Florida, highest position held)

Secondary – Ed Donatell (Denver Secondary Coach/DC for multiple NFL teams previously)

Assistant Secondary – Greg Jackson (Wisconsin LB coach, highest position held)

Assistant Head Coach/Special Teams Coordinator – Brad Seely (same role in Cleveland, had been STC for numerous teams previously)

Coaching Assistant - Ejiro Evero (retained from previous staff, was quality control coach, highest position held)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

So 3-4 looks to be coming if inside and outside LBs are getting different coaches. 

👀👀👀

Yep.

Exciting times are ahead. Light started to come on for Chaisson late in the season at a position he wasn't even cut out for. Hopefully Orr can work his magic with him and Allen screaming off the edges.