The Carson Wentz Thread | Welcome to Wentzylvania [Race to MVP]

Phire

I feel like Carson's the kind of guy who will work with the FO on his franchise QB contract. That's off in the distance but good lawd thats gonna be a heavy contract. I can see him giving the team a discount to ensure overall quality doesnt suffer.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

My hope is that Hollins can become a starter. He needs the reps, so we can see what we have with him.

He showed good promise in preseason and in his limited regular season reps.

I think we'd all like to see more Hollins. I don't think it comes this season. 

I wonder if they would try Agholor back outside next year. 

39 minutes ago, Phire said:

Heres Jay Gruden talking about Alshon dictating defenses... its silly to argue otherwise. 

I entirely agree that too many fans base their opinions based off specific stats and fantasy performances. Alshon has been pretty good this year. At the end of the year, I'm telling Alshon "Go see what you can get in the FA market, and we'll let you know if we're willing to match or beat it."

40 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I will say most of Wentz's bad throws happen when he's targeting Alshon, but Wentz simply misses. It's kinda weird. Wentz throws darts to dudes in stride, then Alshon finally gets open and Wentz throws high or behind him. It's odd.

The deep pass that Alshon didn't reel in this past monday was on Alshon. I don't know if he quit on the ball, or couldn't find it but if he kept running full speed that was a perfectly placed pass.

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

I feel like Carson's the kind of guy who will work with the FO on his franchise QB contract. That's off in the distance but good lawd thats gonna be a heavy contract. I can see him giving the team a discount to ensure overall quality doesnt suffer.

I think that'll come later in his career. Kids gotta make some money first. But yea he doesn't seem like a guy that would worry about a few dollars at the expense of the team winning games. 

Im sure Brady has some secret stock in the Patriots that he's going to cash out after he retires. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

I think that'll come later in his career. Kids gotta make some money first. But yea he doesn't seem like a guy that would worry about a few dollars at the expense of the team winning games. 

Im sure Brady has some secret stock in the Patriots that he's going to cash out after he retires. 

He is making 26 million over 4 years plus probably another 10 for the 5th year at least. 

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

I am talking about Carson. Kid isn't hurting for money ever in his life. But that doesnt mean we'll get a discount. 

No. He's gonna get paid. That's clear. But he doesn't come off like a Flacco where he would let his contract cripple his team. 

Archived