The Carson Wentz Thread | Welcome to Wentzylvania [Race to MVP]

Phire

2 hours ago, 808 said:
2 hours ago, Phire said:

@Nabbs4u has been following this team before televisions were a thing, he's gonna party harder than all of us combined if we win it all 

tumblr_m2uvx2pgSI1r775cgo8_250.gif

You Damn Right!!!

I'd probably end up Butt A$$ naked doing Angles in the snow in a drunken Stuppor on Broad St if in Philly post SB Victory. So Yes to your question!!

tenor.gif?itemid=3377085

Each day that passes makes me more appreciative of the gutsy move by Howie and Co to get Wentz in 2016. 

He's the kid of guy you could trust with your wife naked to be reciting bible quotes instead of engaging in extracurricular activity. 

He gets Free Agents to sign with Philly, then takes them hunting in the Dakota wilderness for a team bonding experience.

He gets downplayed by haters and non-believers even until today, as he leads the NFL in TD passes and red zone efficiency. 

We are very fortunate to have him, and are in store for the awesome career run a true franchise QB can take you on.

B7Ojsl6.gif

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/11/10/16633418/week-10-nfl-picks-mailbag-bill-simmons

Q: Literally every player needs a nickname, especially the fun ones. What about Carson Wentz? Fortunately I have us covered. Wentz (1) has red hair, (2) plays for the Eagles, and (3) rises from the ashes of seemingly broken plays to deliver majestic touchdowns. Carson Wentz is The Firebird!—Joe, New Jersey

BS: Little-known fact: Our Ringer family is exceptionally Philly-heavy thanks to executive editor Chris Ryan’s ongoing attempt to overthrow me, Stringer Bell–style, and rebuild The Ringer around a potential Philly sports boom. (I’m not worried—just remember what happened to Stringer Bell.) Anyway, I asked these self-loathing weirdos how they felt about “The Firebird.”

One didn’t love the nickname but admitted “I don’t hate this.” One asked, “Please don’t jinx this, please.” And three were upset, emailing me back “I take offense to this because, to me, The Firebird suggests a kind of borderline trashy throwback car,” “The idea of people calling WIP to praise the ******* ‘Firebird’ in Philly accents makes me want to self-harm,” and “If you’re good enough at quarterback, you don’t need a nickname … [Marlo Stanfield voice] your name is your name!”

(I agree wholeheartedly. Memorable QBs never need nicknames. He’s fine being Carson Wentz … the mayor of Wentzylvania and the head chauffeur of the Wentz Wagon.)

5 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I'll never call him that, because it's basically just swapping Clipboard for Ginger. He is Arson Wentz: A man who intentionally torches opposing defenses.

You will address him as Ginger Jesus

tenor.gif?itemid=9438212

Archived