The Carson Wentz Thread | Welcome to Wentzylvania [Race to MVP]

Phire

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Seeing Wentz in person did make me realize the areas he needs to keep working on a little more.
You could really see the handful of times he should've pulled the trigger and for whatever reason didn't

I mean it's something he'll continue to work on...and on the whole it was great to watch him play.
But I'm excited to see how he gets even better over this year.

I'm curious if you think that was Wentz intentionally not trying to force the issue into tight windows possibly ending up in a INT (all of last year Gunslinger) or bad decesion making on his part?

I've been beyond impressed like Andrew Luck type impressed with his command at the line of scrimmage and ability to adapt at the line? They have talked about his Intelligence/Football IQ in the past but it's showing in Spades these first 5 games. I'd love to know if he truly does have that Peyton Manning type "photographic" Memory where the more he plays the better he gets at diagnosing/recalling similar plays at the line???

I'm just glad DTM is allowing him to utilize that part of his game rather then handcuffing him into, Run my damn play call like last year!!!!! Expected as a Rookie Yes but welcome sight/ change as a 2nd year QB.

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm curious if you think that was Wentz intentionally not trying to force the issue into tight windows possibly ending up in a INT (all of last year Gunslinger) or bad decesion making on his part?

I've been beyond impressed like Andrew Luck type impressed with his command at the line of scrimmage and ability to adapt at the line? They have talked about his Intelligence/Football IQ in the past but it's showing in Spades these first 5 games. I'd love to know if he truly does have that Peyton Manning type "photographic" Memory where the more he plays the better he gets at diagnosing/recalling similar plays at the line???

I'm just glad DTM is allowing him to utilize that part of his game rather then handcuffing him into, Run my damn play call like last year!!!!! Expected as a Rookie Yes but welcome sight/ change as a 2nd year QB.

I think it was a little of that, but there were some times it looked like he just second guessed it and caused a delay.

It was just a handful of times

• 2 weeks later...

Phoenix:

“He is amazing,” said Nelson Agholor, who caught his fifth touchdown of the season in the win. “I talk about how great and how athletic he is and how he has a great arm, but the attention to detail, the film study, the professionalism he has as a quarterback is second to none in my opinion.”

So you know that Alshon Jeffery who has a 1 year 9 million contract? He has literally the lowest average separation between his defender in the entire league. And by a significant margin even 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

WR catch percentage (Completions/Targets)

Nelson Agholor: 68.57%
Zach Ertz: 67.24%
Torrey Smith: 53.75%
Alshon Jeffery: 48.15%

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

So you know that Alshon Jeffery who has a 1 year 9 million contract? He has literally the lowest average separation between his defender in the entire league. And by a significant margin even 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

WR catch percentage (Completions/Targets)

Nelson Agholor: 68.57%
Zach Ertz: 67.24%
Torrey Smith: 53.75%
Alshon Jeffery: 48.15%

That's not exactly shocking. He's made a living off of catching jump balls. I don't think his catch% has ever been all that high historically.  He hasn't come down with the 50/50 balls this year so far and Carson has simply missed him a couple times when he was open deep.

Hes not a separation guy and he faces double teams PLUS the opposing best cornerback like Patrick Peterson.

Its how Agholor ends up being covered by linebackers. We're not seeing production but he's having an impact.

Alshon is playing well. Look how easy it is for Ertz to abuse the middle of the field because the defense is forced to shade an extra defender to his side. He isn't a top end speed guy, he is a big bodied WR who is supposed to use his body to make catches. He hasn't been perfect, but he has been good.

Archived