The Carson Wentz Thread | Welcome to Wentzylvania [Race to MVP]

Phire

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm not questioning his value to the team. I know what he brings to the table. My only question is, is he just relatively slow, or also a bad route runner?

He just isn't very quick. I don't think he is a bad route runner and he isn't slow, he just isn't quick enough to get wide open out of breaks. 

Most of the time he is running free is when he is running a vertical route. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

What Jefferey does reminds me of Plaxico with the Giants. Not completely relying on him catching the ball but more importantly to take that extra defender to allow the rest of the offense to operate.

I had that same feeling as well.  Definitely visions of Plaxico.

I don't think Ertz is having a career year because of Alshon, I think it's simply Ertz and Wentz individually improving and being on the same page, ala Romo and Witten. It's not like guys are doubling Alshon. IMO, he shouldn't be re-signed and is pretty replaceable. A WR who can't separate isn't a very good WR, and no name CB's are able to  stick to Alshon like glue for 90 percent of the game. Maybe we should look into Martavis Bryant, but he would scare me since he's Josh Gordon mentally. I'm curious if our O would look any different if Alshon got hurt. I think if you throw Mack Hollins in at starting WR, we more or less look the same and score the same amount of points.

Alshon will be fine. Once again (Shocking I know), fans just had unrealistic expectations. Had visions of a TO type impact (statistically) which was never going to happen.

It's not surprising that the two players with the most Familiarity and chemistry with Wentz are Ertz and Agholor. No surprise the middle of the field is getting the majority of the production rather then the outside.

Anyone suggesting AJ isn't effecting the game, isn't making an impact, isn't taking away coverages Ertz and Matthews saw last season is simply looking at stats or hating, plain and simple.

Give Jeffery some friggen time. Damn sure More then 7 GM's. I'd be willing to bet by seasons end which Hopefully means come a Playoff run. Barring Injury, Not only will he be putting up numbers/TD but possibly become Wentz go to safety valve because teams WILL be Game planning to take away Ertz. Chemistry takes time.

Relax

2 minutes ago, Phire said:

Teams are STILL leaving safeties on an island with Ertz and Agholor is getting covered by linebackers. Thats partly due to having Alshon. 

Yeah Alshon and Torrey(to a lesser extent)  have really opened up the middle for Ertz and Agholor. 

17 minutes ago, Phire said:

Alshon is absolutely getting doubled. Throw on any Eagles game lol

That's called cover 2 brother. He wasn't doubled. He does occasionally get doubled, but it's not all game.

I don't remember B Marsh needing 8 games to get going when he'd sign with a new team. Garcon is the #1 WR on a new team with bad QB's, and seems to be doing ok. Brandin Cooks didn't need 7 weeks. Ted Ginn Jr didn't need 7 weeks with his new team. Alshon just isn't that good. He's Jordan Matthews with better hands.

23 minutes ago, Phire said:

Teams are STILL leaving safeties on an island with Ertz and Agholor is getting covered by linebackers. Thats partly due to having Alshon. 

Teams still leave Gronk on an island too. because they are TE's.

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That's called cover 2 brother. He wasn't doubled.

That ends up being double coverage. Doesnt matter what the defense is. The CB plays Alshon as if in man coverage and the safety over top is also watching Alshon. If that isnt double coverage I dont know what is.

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

That's called cover 2 brother. He wasn't doubled. He does occasionally get doubled, but it's not all game.

I don't remember B Marsh needing 8 games to get going when he'd sign with a new team. Garcon is the #1 WR on a new team with bad QB's, and seems to be doing ok. Brandin Cooks didn't need 7 weeks. Ted Ginn Jr didn't need 7 weeks with his new team. Alshon just isn't that good. He's Jordan Matthews with better hands.

That's not Cover 2.  Cover 2 plays a corner in the flat. Could be Cover 3, but it's hard to tell, regardless he's vying for the ball against two defenders. 

1 minute ago, BLick12 said:

That's not Cover 2.  Cover 2 plays a corner in the flat. Could be Cover 3, but it's hard to tell, regardless he's vying for the ball against two defenders. 

yeah the corner turning his back and bailing on his zone would indicate it aint cover 2 but its hard without the all-22

Archived