Campbell and Co. - Coaching Staff (Updated with Lynn, Fraley, Staley, Pleasant, Fipp, DeLeone, Johnson Brunell)

Karnage84

21 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

I'm going to try and keep this is as non-political as can be. The situation is what it is and I hope that these guys have the success to accomplish this. 

With the new rules regarding minority hiring's, there's a few guys that we've added recently who could work their way up into opportunities elsewhere: Anthony Lynn, Duce Staley, Aaron Glenn and Ray Agnew. If we can manage to turn things around, and that's by these guys being the right guys, we could be adding multiple 3rd's to help bolster the team. 

These guys do have the potential to move into upper roles, assuming that they have success with us. 

No worries whatsoever. If any of these guys move up to HC roles, its because the Lions have done something. And if the Lions' new organization can draw these guys, they'll be able to draw other good guys if these guys leave.

I was kind of lukewarm on the new regime but drawing Staley and John Dorsey to be in support roles, that's an eye opener.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

No worries whatsoever. If any of these guys move up to HC roles, its because the Lions have done something. And if the Lions' new organization can draw these guys, they'll be able to draw other good guys if these guys leave.

I was kind of lukewarm on the new regime but drawing Staley and John Dorsey to be in support roles, that's an eye opener.

100% in agreement. 

Is there still room for skepticism? Yes. The franchise has not done anything to warrant blind faith. However, we have added some solid young minds, guys with strong football backgrounds and then surrounding with experience. There are a lot of cooks in the kitchen and we'll see if everyone can get along. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

I call out red flags when I see them, so it's only fair to notice when the Lions do something that is against the typical red flag. Doesn't guarantee success, nothing does.

What do you make of Campbell naming Staley as AHC as well as RB coach?

1 minute ago, Just Want A Title said:

It could be that Duce Staley is a respected coach.

I'm not that familiar with him as a coach and he doesn't have any experience as a coordinator or a former HC. It's just an interesting title. At least for MCDC he had 12 games as an Interim HC. 

When MCDC was speaking to the media about his experience with Sean Payton, he had spoken about how SP developed a plan to help him in a variety of areas to assist him in becoming a HC in the future. It makes me wonder if this is what he's going to do with Staley - share with him the things he learned with SP and give him roles that will develop him towards a future HC gig. 

Special Assistant- Chris Spielman

Senior Personnel Executive- John Dorsey (Browns)

Senior Defensive Assistant- Dom Capers

GM- Brad Holmes (Rams)

AGM- Ray Agnew (Rams)

HC - Dan Campbell (Saints)

AHC- Duce Staley (Eagles)

OFFENSE

OC - Anthony Lynn (Chargers)

QB - Mark Brunell 

RB - Duce Staley (Eagles)

WR - Antwaan Randle El (Buccaneers)

AWR- Seth Ryan (Chargers)

TE - Ben Johnson (retained)

OL- Hank Fraley (retained)

DEFENSE

DC - Aaron Glenn (Saints)

DL - Todd Wash (Jaguars)

OLB- Kelvin Sheppard (LSU)

ILB - Mark DeLeone (Bears)

DB - Aubrey Pleasant (Rams)

Defensive Assistant- Brian Duker (Ravens)

SPECIAL TEAMS

STC - Dave Fipp (Eagles)

Edited by Louis Friend

Detroit Lions interviewing Rams CB coach Aubrey Pleasant for DB coach job

NFL Network’s Steve Wyche is reporting that the Detroit Lions plan to interview Los Angeles Rams cornerbacks coach Aubrey Pleasant for their secondary coach position. This would be considered a promotion, so the Rams are unable to block him from interviewing.

Young up and coming position coach, beloved by his players, and Flint native. 

• Like 2

Esn2QSaXEAEIQ4n?format=jpg&name=medium

Jalen Ramsey also had high praise to Rams CBs coach Aubrey Pleasant: "In my opinion, this is the best body of work that I've put out in the NFL, and a lot of that is thanks to him." Said Pleasant "for sure" has the skillset to get looks as a defensive coordinator.

"It’s hard not to be excited about 2021..." - Jeff Okudah, twitter