Campbell and Co. - Coaching Staff (Updated with Lynn, Fraley, Staley, Pleasant, Fipp, DeLeone, Johnson Brunell)

Karnage84

14 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. If we draft a QB, QB coach will be a huge responsibility. I wonder if this is the "surprise hire" Dan Campbell hinted at. 

Same.  No coaching experience prior so seems like an odd person to bring in and develop the most important position for your team.  He may be great, but just because he was a QB doesn't mean he can teach it.  

The second interesting development is DeLeone’s title as inside linebackers coach. That suggests another hire is coming for the team’s outside linebackers coach.

Which leads nicely into another coaching development. FootballScoop.com is reporting that the Lions are hiring former NFL linebacker Kelvin Sheppard to their coaching staff. If you’re skeptical of that source, Sheppard himself retweeted the news.

I overlooked the ILB coach title with DeLeone. Interesting. I also just checked Sheppard's twitter and he did post. 

Special Assistant to Owner & CEO- Chris Spieman

Senior Vice President of Football and Business Administration- Mike Disner

Senior Personnel Executive- John Dorsey

Senior Defensive Assistant- Dom Capers

General Manager- Brad Holmes

Assistant General Manager- Ray Agnew

Head Coach- Dan Campbell

Assistant Head Coach- Duce Staley

Offensive Coordinator- Anthony Lynn

QB coach- Mark Brunell

RB coach- Duce Staley

WR coach- Hines Ward? 

TE coach- Ben Johnson

OL coach- Hank Fraley

Defensive Coordinator- Aaron Glenn

DL coach-?????????

ILB coach- Mark DeLeone

OLB coach- Kelvin Sheppard

Secondary coach/passing game coordinator- Aubrey Pleasant

ST Coordinator- Dave Fipp

Edited by Louis Friend

15 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Special Assistant to Owner & CEO- Chris Spieman

Senior Vice President of Football and Business Administration- Mike Disner

Senior Personnel Executive- John Dorsey

General Manager- Brad Holmes

Assistant General Manager- Ray Agnew

Head Coach- Dan Campbell

Assistant Head Coach- Duce Staley

Offensive Coordinator- Anthony Lynn

QB coach- Mark Brunell

RB coach- Duce Staley

WR coach- Hines Ward? 

TE coach- Ben Johnson

OL coach- Hank Fraley

Defensive Coordinator- Aaron Glenn

DL coach-?????????

ILB coach- Mark DeLeone

OLB coach- Kelvin Sheppard

Secondary coach/passing game coordinator- Aubrey Pleasant

ST Coordinator- Dave Fipp

Would you consider Hines Ward an upgrade, downgrade or lateral move over Robert Prince?

I like the brunell hire, he was a great QB in his prime, lead a young expansion franchise to 2 AFC championship games in 4 years (including 99 when the jags went 14-2 and rolled basically everyone (except the titans) including an epic 62-7 playoff beatdown of the dolphins which ended Dan Marino's playing career and Jimmy Johnson's coaching career) and played at a high enough level to remain in the league for 20 years.

• Like 1

Just now, Karnage84 said:

Would you consider Hines Ward an upgrade, downgrade or lateral move over Robert Prince?

I don't know, tbh. I'm not sure of Hines Ward's coaching ability. However, I don't see Robert Prince as some great coach either. I feel like outside of pure talent, we didn't see alot of growth from our WRs. Some of that has been Golladay's inability to stay on the field. Calvin Johnson was a machine. Golden Tate was a YAC God before and after the Lions. Marvin Jones has never fumbled the ball no matter which team he's been on. We haven't kept others around long enough to truly "develop". Which WR can you look at and say, he really grew as a player on the Lions? 

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

I don't know, tbh. I'm not sure of Hines Ward's coaching ability. However, I don't see Robert Prince as some great coach either. I feel like outside of pure talent, we didn't see alot of growth from our WRs. Some of that has been Golladay's inability to stay on the field. Calvin Johnson was a machine. Golden Tate was a YAC God before and after the Lions. Marvin Jones has never fumbled the ball no matter which team he's been on. We haven't kept others around long enough to truly "develop". Which WR can you look at and say, he really grew as a player on the Lions? 

You glossed over your answer. Golladay went from a WR very few people were thrilled we took in the 3rd to a guy many want tagged.

• Like 1