Texans interviewed backup QB McCown for HC Position

NYRaider

On 1/23/2021 at 12:17 PM, ET80 said:

But - is this narrative really true? Does he want to leave? For all intents and purposes, we've not really heard from him. There's speculations on what he's actually said on the subject, but there's nothing even remotely resembling what he wants.

This may be true but snubbing him on input into the GM and these off the wall choices why would you be committed? It almost looks like they are just trying to get bodies together to even field staff for next season.

1 hour ago, TheBeast23 said:

This may be true but snubbing him on input into the GM and these off the wall choices why would you be committed?

How do we know they're "off the wall"? How do we know they're not immediately catering to Watson with every discussion?

These seem like very weird moves in their own little vacuum - but they all have a singular theme, and that is "surround Watson with people he likes."

If the plan is to placate Deshaun Watson, then surrounding him with people he's worked with and gotten along with is part of it. This being said, it's not analogous to building a winner - which is what we're all expecting to be the case when the dust settles.

I'm with you for the most part, these moves are way too crazy for my liking. But, it ain't about me... But we'll see if it has the intended effect soon enough.

On 1/25/2021 at 7:57 PM, ET80 said:

How do we know they're "off the wall"? How do we know they're not immediately catering to Watson with every discussion?

These seem like very weird moves in their own little vacuum - but they all have a singular theme, and that is "surround Watson with people he likes."

If the plan is to placate Deshaun Watson, then surrounding him with people he's worked with and gotten along with is part of it. This being said, it's not analogous to building a winner - which is what we're all expecting to be the case when the dust settles.

I'm with you for the most part, these moves are way too crazy for my liking. But, it ain't about me... But we'll see if it has the intended effect soon enough.

This is what happened with LeBron in Cleveland.  When it worked, it really worked, but a lot of the time it really didn't and it was just one guy trying to carry the team to victory on his own.  

On 1/23/2021 at 2:14 AM, ditchdigger said:

Here is the moment that should have let him know coaching was probably the new way forward for him.

jmzljnU.gif

Don't recall ever seeing this play before, but I probably did and forgot. It's like when Fins' WR Nat Moore got HELICOPTERED (also by the Jets) and the amusing play was used in the pro sports-friendly music video 'Walk of Life' by Dire Straits back in the day. 

But a WR is used to taking hits like that. A skinny QB isn't.