Lions & Stafford part ways

beardown3231

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Foles SB run is a good example of what can happen when you have a really good O line in front of you.   You don't have to be a stud QB to have success and look good.  

Mahomes in SB will be interesting.   His entire O line is 2nd string at this point I understand.   That dude is superhuman.   He avoided so many sure sacks in that Buffalo game.  Buf fans were complaining they had no pressure.   They had lots.   He just kept side stepping the rush in first half.  https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e1973aee-0972-46ea-a44f-5045da5b787e#L4GLMFoSUB.copy

Reid must have been Merlin there.

Mahomes did this in college all the time. Texas Tech's defense was so atrocious he had to put up 40 points on average to win a game, and even though he usually did he still had a losing record. It was Trestman's first year his whole career. I loved the kid as a prospect but had no idea he would do everything he did in college in the pros. I just don't think he realizes the pros is supposed to be a different, harder game. lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Foles SB run is a good example of what can happen when you have a really good O line in front of you.   You don't have to be a stud QB to have success and look good.  

Any QB can look decent with a good OL, good skill position players, and a good defense. Not too many teams have all of those pieces though.  Foles' run is a good example of what happens when a QB catches lightning in a bottle. 

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Any QB can look decent with a good OL, good skill position players, and a good defense. Not too many teams have all of those pieces though.  Foles' run is a good example of what happens when a QB catches lightning in a bottle. 

For 4 games as well.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

For 4 games as well.

Yep. Defenses were prepping for Wentz, not Foles. We've seen what happened when defenses were prepping for Foles. The Jags when he was the expected starter and the Bears last year after they got some tape on him. 

55 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Reid must have been Merlin there.

Mahomes did this in college all the time. Texas Tech's defense was so atrocious he had to put up 40 points on average to win a game, and even though he usually did he still had a losing record. It was Trestman's first year his whole career. I loved the kid as a prospect but had no idea he would do everything he did in college in the pros. I just don't think he realizes the pros is supposed to be a different, harder game. lol

Nobody trusted any QB from Leach tree in NFL.  They had all failed and Goff was looking like garbage at time as well.

Classic stupid scouting.  You can't take this guy from this school nobody ever works out.  As if they aren't each different humans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Nobody trusted any QB from Leach tree in NFL.  They had all failed and Goff was looking like garbage at time as well.

Classic stupid scouting.  You can't take this guy from this school nobody ever works out.  As if they aren't each different humans.

That was the biggest hit against Derrick Henry. "He's another Trent Richardson." Because he's a big guy and has power? Let's completely ignore the fact vision was one of his big strengths coming out and he showed plus agility for an average running back, let alone someone his size.

That being said I am drafting only Cal and Texas Tech QBs to find my Rodgers or Mahomes. lol

• Like 1