Prime Rodgers vs Prime Peyton

RUGmen

??  

118 members have voted

1. 1. ??

I feel like it's Peyton.  Regular season if you had to go up against him...good luck.  I feel like the competition in the playoffs in the AFC in the 2000's was tougher than what Rodgers had to deal with.  Postseason performance is pretty bad for a QB of his caliber though.  I don't feel too strongly though, could be nostalgia glasses.

Manning was 132-37 in the regular season from age 28 on

Rodgers is 112-46-1 from age 28 on.

As for stats (understanding Rodgers is 7 years behind Manning as rating goes up)

• Manning had a 66.6% completions from 28 on, Rodgers is 65.6%
  • Manning has a 6.2 TD % from 28 on, Rodgers is 6.6%
  • Manning has a 7.8 ypa from 28 on, Rodgers has 7.7
  • Manning has a 2.4% RODGERS STAT and Rodgers of course has a 1.1% interception percentage

So if you want your team to win games, win in the playoffs, win super bowls, or be better as a passing offense then you want Manning.

If you want your team to not throw interceptions while losing way more then you want Rodgers.

Their passer ratings from 28-38 are 103.1 for Manning and 106.3 for Rodgers.

Adjust for era and its about even. Deemphasize the int% and its all Manning all the time.

Add in Manning's age 39 season and you get some very ugly stats but him winning a SB by taking a beating better than Cam did.

Edited by SkippyX

On 2/13/2021 at 10:35 AM, eagles18 said:

I don' think there was ever a better pure QB than Peyton Manning. He wasn't the most athletic and didn't have the strongest arm but he had his teams consistently at the top to the league and you just knew you had to prepare against him a different kind of way. He was the offense - he understood plays better than the coaches and held his people accountable. 

While Aaron is the by far more talented thrower, How many times has he missed the playoffs? Peyton is a top 3 ALL TIME QB for a reason. 

n/m

Edited by Pugger