Packers (Unofficially?) Promote Maurice Drayton to ST Coordinator

deltarich87

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Starting to smell like Gute being stubborn about his draft pick. Should have been benched or cut weeks ago

I don't know about cut, but definitely should be removed from return duties.  He's a butcher out there.  

Side note .. the Bears are not a good organization, but they do take pride in their special teams play over the years.  They traded away a 2023 6th round pick for Jakeem Grant back in October.  That's looking like a fairly brilliant move for them.  Gute needs to be on the lookout for a move like that.

Last night was one of the worst ST displays I've ever seen from the Packers and we've seen some crazy **** over the years.  The sheer volume of gaffes was almost unfathomable.  Guys trying to field kicks when they are heading out of bounds, muffed punts, botched onsides kicks, terrible kick and punt coverage.  It's not all Drayton's fault, but he's not getting anything out of these players.  Gute is going to have to make a concerted effort to add good special teams talent to this roster.  LaFleur needs to be able to hire the very best ST coordinator that money can buy.  No more missing out on the Darren Rizzi's because the organization wants to pinch pennies.  I'm embarrased, and everyone associated with the Packers should be as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Malik Taylor is cuttable after that horrendous effort on the KR that gifted our offense the ball at the 5.

It’s playing without thinking. He had no idea what he should have done in that situation.  Players like that are always on the edges of a team.  Until he did that I was still thrilled it wasn’t Rodgers back there. 

Just now, Norse65 said:

It’s playing without thinking. He had no idea what he should have done in that situation.  Players like that are always on the edges of a team.  Until he did that I was still thrilled it wasn’t Rodgers back there. 

He's experienced enough and that's the role he should be FOCUSED on. No excuse there. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I like Patrick Taylor, but there's no reason for him to be on the active roster when a guy like Ervin, who's already contributed to this team on ST AND offense, is sitting in FA for the vet minimum.

I love Swerve and what he brought to our team two years ago. There’s no guarantee he is the athlete he was then or ready to play in the NFL. If they bring him back, I’ll trust their judgment but I think we need to find our “Swerve” from this decade. 

48 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Malik Taylor is cuttable after that horrendous effort on the KR that gifted our offense the ball at the 5.

I don't understand why this guy is still on the team.   He has done absolutely nothing since being here.  I'll keep pounding the table for Winfree.  Not sure about his special teams ability but at least he shows something as a receiver.