Prediction: We are going to trade for QB Aaron Rodgers

aceinthehouse

After pondering on this thought for some time & feeling that we are after not just any veteran, but one that can give us a 2 or 3 year window of extreme success.

I believe we will make a blockbuster trade with Green Bay & trade for Aaron Rodgers.

It just makes too much sense for me.

Alex Smith is done. Whether we trade, release or he retires, he will not be on this roster next season.

We're not going to draft a 1st Rd QB in the hopes that we get it right. Or should I say Riverboat Ron will not.

Heinicke played very well, but I don't think he wants to tie his hopes on him staying healthy & that one game just being a fluke.

So Ron will go after Discount Double-check.

There have been rumblings of Rodgers retiring as well. Let's also not forget that they drafted QB Jordan Love as the heir apparent.

Rodgers just turned 37 yrs old in December & can probably give us 2 or 3 years of solid play. He also makes us a legit contender in the NFC with our Defense.

I wouldn't mind WR Devonte Adams coming with him, either. 🤓

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Anyways, I've decided that Rodgers is coming here. He will give us great hope, while we contend for the Superbowl.

I expect for this to happen around March 12th--to--March 19th.

Go Washington Football Team! 🏈

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I think we missed out on our guy. This is going to be a lot like the Rex/Beck year sadly. Heinecke vs Allen is what I’m expecting. 

I agree...

I thing Stafford was option #1=more easily obtainable & early on.

I thing Aaron Rodgers is option #2=More difficult to do, but obtainable & probably for a shorter timetable considering Rodgers age.

I think Trading up to #1 is the 3rd option=Extremely difficult to do but not impossible. But a huge gamble none-the-less.

And I think rolling with Heinicke & Allen, or another experience vet like Chad Henne type of QB is option #4.

I believe we get option 2.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

I agree...

I thing Stafford was option #1=more easily obtainable & early on.

I thing Aaron Rodgers is option #2=More difficult to do, but obtainable & probably for a shorter timetable considering Rodgers age.

I think Trading up to #1 is the 3rd option=Extremely difficult to do but not impossible. But a huge gamble none-the-less.

And I think rolling with Heinicke & Allen, or another experience vet like Chad Henne type of QB is option #4.

I believe we get option 2.

Option 2: Rodgers lives in California and wants to go back home according to most. He’s not coming here. 

Option 3: it’s impossible. The Jaguars are not giving up Trevor Lawrence. No point in adding this one dude.

I’m just going to put it out there that I dislike the idea of Winston or Mariota. That’s signing a QB simply to sign one. Our options now are basically Darnold depending on what the Jets do, selling the team for Watson or moving up in the draft. That’s pretty much it. They painted themselves into a corner here. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I believe we trade for a vet QB still. I dont believe it will be Aaron Rodgers. 

I'd be willing to bet sooner rather than later we hear chatter about us trading for Matt Ryan. 

Matt Ryan is the next logical domino if the team was interested in Stafford.  Arthur Smith is planning to call plays, and I can imagine that he is feeling pretty happy about walking into a good situation offensively.  I actually don't see Atlanta parting with Ryan, and it may actually work against us having Kyle Smith hired there.  

I'm going to keep this thread on the 1st page, till we land Aaron Rodgers.

I know the Rams called about him & were turned down. But I think events will change over the course of a few weeks/months & Rodgers will become available.

It might even be one of those secret, out of the blue trades that catches the NFL by storm.

I think we will trade #19, one of our 3rds, a 2022 1st & Matt Ionitus for Rodgers.

That is my prediction.

I want him here. I am going to will it to happen, no matter the opposing forces.

He would be the perfect bridge QB for immediate success, without gutting our team for his aquisition.

We would still have our 2nd, a 3rd & the rest of our draft picks.

No 1st in 2022, but it will be in the 20's, so I'm not too worried.

Aaron Rodgers will retire a Washington Football Team QB.

On 1/31/2021 at 5:57 PM, lavar703 said:

Option 2: Rodgers lives in California and wants to go back home according to most. He’s not coming here. 

Option 3: it’s impossible. The Jaguars are not giving up Trevor Lawrence. No point in adding this one dude.

I’m just going to put it out there that I dislike the idea of Winston or Mariota. That’s signing a QB simply to sign one. Our options now are basically Darnold depending on what the Jets do, selling the team for Watson or moving up in the draft. That’s pretty much it. They painted themselves into a corner here. 

Yes they did. And none of those are attractive to me. Watson isn't because of the asking price. Darnold isn't for the same reason.

You know who can come in and be a veteran presence and get us through 2021 so we can get the QBOTF once we have the offense built up?

Fitzmagic. 

And all he'll cost is some cap space on a 2 year contract (3 years to make the numbers work).

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yes they did. And none of those are attractive to me. Watson isn't because of the asking price. Darnold isn't for the same reason.

You know who can come in and be a veteran presence and get us through 2021 so we can get the QBOTF once we have the offense built up?

Fitzmagic. 

And all he'll cost is some cap space on a 2 year contract (3 years to make the numbers work).

I think if they’re left with the choices of Fitzmagic & Alex Smith that they’ll just retain Alex Smith for his leadership, veteran presence and the ability he showed last season to turn around the season and get us into the playoffs.

• 2 months later...

I think I will bump this, while Rodgers is still possibly traded.

As for now, we've only heard 49ers, Broncos & Raiders as teams he's ok with or possible destinations.

Now that the draft is OVER, things just got a bit interesting.

Because many teams who needed a QB, just drafted one. So how many teams can & will trade for Rodgers?

It's really anybody's guess at the moment. Maybe Rodgers & Packers make amends?

Anyways, we signed Fitzpatrick to a 1 yr-10 million dollar deal. It also felt like Rivera was going to ride with him going into the season.

So could we see Fitz getting traded for Rodgers to GB? (Plus picks)

Are we not even considering it?

One has to wonder...

Anyways, I certainly projected this trade to happen much earlier. (March)

Whether we get him, or not? It's going to be interesting how this all plays out.