Super Bowl Thread: Yeah it sucks we're not in it...but they're gonna play anyway.

Leader

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I mean he hardly throws Ints at all. Threw 5 in the regular season in 4 games and we lost 2 of them. 

What's crazy is that in 2 NFCCGs we have 7 ints on defense...and we lost both games. That's almost impossible. 

NFL is rigged.  Packers fans are suckers and we will continue to spend our money, especially if the team looks good.

Plus, you can't prove it isn't with any outcome of the SB.  Tom Brady is the first home team QB to win the SB and has his fiftieth ring.  Or the new face of the league, Ketchup Steak Mahomes wins his second in a row and starts the new dynasty.  See? It is fixed!

also, somehow, someone screwed the Lions.

Edited by ThatJerkDave

Not watching. 

Wound is not healed.

Every other loss I didn't expect the Packers had a legitimate chance. 

This time I did. 

Should be the Packers playing in this.  Three no calls on Lazard and then a game-ending flag on a King tug when they let the Buccaneers play the entire game.

Just can't. 

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not watching. 

Wound is not healed.

Every other loss I didn't expect the Packers had a legitimate chance. 

This time I did. 

Should be the Packers playing in this.  Three no calls on Lazard and then a game-ending flag on a King tug when they let the Buccaneers play the entire game.

Just can't. 

Yup, this loss was 3x as bad as the last two in ATL and SF. Packers had no business losing this game at home. It was a choke job from the players and coaching staff. Add it to the list. 

Even with average luck the Packers should have gone to about 6 SBs by now between Favre and Rodgers. Tired of continuing to come up short. Right now, Rodgers' entire career is hung on the Packers beating Caleb Hanie in what is by far the easiest opposing QB NFCCG matchup in NFL history. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Yup, this loss was 3x as bad as the last two in ATL and SF. Packers had no business losing this game at home. It was a choke job from the players and coaching staff. Add it to the list. 

Even with average luck the Packers should have gone to about 6 SBs by now between Favre and Rodgers. Tired of continuing to come up short. Right now, Rodgers' entire career is hung on the Packers beating Caleb Hanie in what is by far the easiest opposing QB NFCCG matchup in NFL history. 

Sad thing is this is the one game I didn't feel Rodgers was largely to blame for us losing/not being competitive in. 

The Falcons game he shat the bed early when we needed him to keep their offense off the field.
The Niners game he shat the bed early when we needed him to keep the game close.
The Great Sorrow he shat the bed.

The Great Butt ****ing I feel was one of his best postseason performances except for not running on 3rd and goal.  The interception was a little ehhh, but if that's called correctly the way the King call was called...

This game really comes down to a blown call with 6 seconds left in the half by the worst defensive coordinator I can remember, and also the most overrated.

People talking about he was actually derp a derp good.  How many defensive coordinators aren't a top 10 scoring defense with an elite DL, elite EDGE, a third string pass rusher as gifted as Gary, the second best (at worst) cornerback in the NFL, an elite safety, an elite closing speed safety next to that elite safety...

Pettine kept us from two Super Bowl appearances. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Sad thing is this is the one game I didn't feel Rodgers was largely to blame for us losing/not being competitive in. 

The Falcons game he shat the bed early when we needed him to keep their offense off the field.
The Niners game he shat the bed early when we needed him to keep the game close.
The Great Sorrow he shat the bed.

The Great Butt ****ing I feel was one of his best postseason performances except for not running on 3rd and goal.  The interception was a little ehhh, but if that's called correctly the way the King call was called...

This game really comes down to a blown call with 6 seconds left in the half by the worst defensive coordinator I can remember, and also the most overrated.

People talking about he was actually derp a derp good.  How many defensive coordinators aren't a top 10 scoring defense with an elite DL, elite EDGE, a third string pass rusher as gifted as Gary, the second best (at worst) cornerback in the NFL, an elite safety, an elite closing speed safety next to that elite safety...

Pettine kept us from two Super Bowl appearances. 

The 2 biggest plays of the game that were directly in our control were the bad pass/drop by Adams when it was 14-7 and the TD before half. Just change those plays and leave everything else, it's a minimum 8 point swing (assuming TB gets a FG before half instead of a TD). 

That stuff simply cannot happen in a big game like that, yet it's our M.O. year after year. 

What's even sadder or "unlucky" depending on your perspective, Rodgers is about to bag MVP no. 3. That will join him with Manning, Unitas, Brady and Favre as other QBs with at least 3 (only other player is J. Brown). 

Of those QBs, including Rodgers, only 2 of them only have 1 championship...

Just now, packfanfb said:

What's even sadder or "unlucky" depending on your perspective, Rodgers is about to bag MVP no. 3. That will join him with Manning, Unitas, Brady and Favre as other QBs with at least 3 (only other player is J. Brown). 

This is why I always LOL at Bears, Vikings and Lions fans who whine about the Packers always having a great QB.

Great quarterbacks ain't ****.

The key in the NFL is to have a good QB paid less than they're worth with a great defense.

Tom Brady didn't get to the Super Bowl in his first year with Tampa Bay because he's Tom Brady.  He got there because his defense has held two Hall of Fame quarterbacks under 27 points and got like 7 turnovers.

I would trade Aaron Rodgers for Derek Carr straight up if it guaranteed a legitimate, physical, aggressive defense that could consistently hold bad quarterbacks under 10 points, good quarterbacks under 20 points and great quarterbacks under 27 points. 

Tom Brady's defenses have held the opposition under 27 points 32 ****ing times. 
Exactly at 27 2 more times.
Over 30 points only 5 times. 

He's 2-3 in games the opponent has scored 30 or more points.

In half as many games, Aaron's defense has allowed over 30 points in 6 games.

Your QB doesn't mean ****.  Tom Brady has 32 postseason wins.  Derek ****ing Carr wins 20 postseason games if he plays in 32 games where his defense allows under 27 points. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

So 50% of them have 1 SB, the other had to switch to a team that went so all-in, they've been in a cap hell they can't recover from to get his 2nd SB and the last is Brady, the all time statistically outlier.

Sounds like winning a SB is really hard.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

So 50% of them have 1 SB, the other had to switch to a team that went so all-in, they've been in a cap hell they can't recover from to get his 2nd SB and the last is Brady, the all time statistically outlier.

Right now, I'd settle for getting to a 2nd one with Rodgers. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Brady is not a statistical outlier.

He took his legacy over his salary.  He has literally always been at or below 12% of the cap.

I'm like the guy in year 1 saying the Earth is not flat around here.

It's defense, QB cap hit, coaching and drafting.

That's literally it.

The Buccaneers are in the Super Bowl right now because of a terrible call, but also because they drafted Wirfs and a Winfield, Brady once again took less than he's worth and Arians isn't a terrible coach. 

The Chiefs wouldn't be here right now if Mahomes didn't backload his contract for another shot. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Brady is not a statistical outlier.

He took his legacy over his salary.  He has literally always been at or below 12% of the cap.

I'm like the guy in year 1 saying the Earth is not flat around here.

It's defense, QB cap hit, coaching and drafting.

That's literally it.

The Buccaneers are in the Super Bowl right now because of a terrible call, but also because they drafted Wirfs and a Winfield, Brady once again took less than he's worth and Arians isn't a terrible coach. 

The Chiefs wouldn't be here right now if Mahomes didn't backload his contract for another shot. 

Let's clone some 1/2 billion dollar supermodels for Jordan Love to marry.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Man, talk about "hitting" on your first two picks. 

Edited by packfanfb

On 2/4/2021 at 9:25 AM, packfanfb said:

He'd need a lot of luck. As much of a warrior as Brady is, he's also the luckiest QB, maybe of all time. 

A lot of people that I know are all aboard the "OMG BRADY TOOK TAMPA TO THE SUPER BOWL HE IS CLEARLY THE GOAT" train while failing to realize that this Tampa team had the #6 defense by DVOA last season and went 7-9 (with a number of 1 score losses) despite Jameis "EAT THE W" Winston throwing 30 picks (and also 5k yards and 33 TDs). Brady just needed to literally throw fewer picks than Winston for this team to have the exact shot it has now.

He's one of the best for sure, but the narrative that this Bucs shift is all due to Brady is absurd.

Edited by Striker

19 minutes ago, Norm said:

This thread is depressing

Should be us. I take this **** way too seriously. Literally have woken up every morning since we lost and the first thing I think about is "how TF did we lose that ******* game." Everything was set for us this year. Home championship game. Still failed.